IGNORED

Mounting a 6x9 flag

XV1100SE

Planning on putting a 12" flag pole and 6x9" flag on my RSV. Was wondering a couple things :

1) saddle bag trim rail diameter - I picked up a pole and adapter at the bike show but the 1/2" mount doesn't fit the rails (Show Chrome). 1/2" mount seems to be common but think the rails are 3/4". Anyone confirm what size they used? Suggestions on getting just the 3/4" mount or do I have to buy another flag pole?

2) for maintenance.... better to mount the flag on the left or right side of the bike? Will mount on the back end of the rails so it doesn't interfere with the saddle bag lids. Didn't want to mount the pole on a side that would interfere with maintenance (eg tire change, eventual rear shock change)

Thanks in advance.

My flag mount is on attached to the trunk rack. It looks the same size as the saddle bag trim. There is a clear, plastic spacer between the clamp and the trunk rack. My guess it came with the flag pole. It was on mine when I bought it. You might be able to buy a short piece of clear vinyl to make the spacer, that's all it looks like to me.

As far as maintenance it doesn't matter where you put it, it will always be in the way of something so you'll just have to adjust to work around the flag.

Good luck and have fun.

as for placing the as long as you only have the one it can be placed on either side of the bike, in the event you decide to ever place another flag ,ex. a pow flag the amreican flag always goes to the drivers right side as he's sitting on the bike:900[1]::325:

I understand that this is the protocol for the US Flag... But he lives in Canada. Is it the same up there????

The following information was obtained from the following web site: http://www.fsrrrc.com/page13.html

In answer to questions raised by many riders regarding the proper display, positioning and precedence of flags displayed on their Harley, the following guidelines reflect proper protocol when flying flags on your bike.

When the United States flag is flown alone on your motorcycle, flag etiquette calls for it to be either centered on the bike or mounted to its "marching right"; its own right as the vehicle is moving forward (which would be the right side of the motorcycle to the rider's perspective when sitting astride).

If the U.S. flag is displayed on your bike with another flag of any type, it should be positioned to its "marching right."

When the U.S. flag is on your bike with other non-national flags (POW/MIA, service banners, fraternal flags, etc.), the U.S. flag is placed at the center and at the highest point of the group. According to the United States Flag Code, NO flag should ever be larger or displayed higher than the U.S. flag.

If the U.S. flag is displayed on your bike with those of any other nation, the flags should be approximately equal in size and flown from separate staffs of the same height, with the U.S. flag to the marching right and other countries’ flags arranged to the left in alphabetical order in English. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that of another nation in time of peace. The order of precedence for flags generally is nations first, states (host state first, then others in the order of admission) districts and territories (Washington DC, Puerto Rico, etc.), military (in order of establishment: Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force), then any others.

Any question class??

Rick A.

A man of few words. :Venture: