IGNORED

Sound system for VTX 1300 Trike...

yamadawg

Mrs. Yamadawg has a VTX 1300 Trike with the Motor Trike conversion and it has a windshield instead of the fairing. We would like to add a sound system and need some recommendations and watch outs. We are looking to do a permanent mount with radio and need ports for a MP3 player and future technologies. I would appreciate any input and ideas.

Thanks!

Don

Check out www.cyclesounds.com. I had their 3" system on my Vstar and loved it. The sound was clear, loud as you want it, and not intrusive on the handle bars. They have various systems. I had great service from them, and had no issues with the system after install.

The prices are high, but you get what you pay for. They also have some good alarm/immobilizer ideas.

No affiliation, just a happy customer.

One of the guys I ride with has one of these,it sounds good, and i like all the options that the sound system can use to play the music from. (sd card, usb stick, cd, ipod connector, and radio).

Its a real nicely finished fairing and sound system compared to some ive seen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnZLV9NSZ40&feature=related]YouTube - Kuryakyn AirMasterâ„¢ Fairing[/ame]

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

My Wife had a VTX 1300 I added a J&M handlebar mount CB to which I added MP3 player or XM radeo whatever she wants to listen to. I made the brackets. Everthing plugs in and playes through the CB which is has built in weather chanel if you have a rider as well then get the CB for rider and passenger and plays through the Helmet little bit more money:smile5:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Check out UNiQ Cycle Sounds. I've had them on my bike for years and work great. Service is good too... Works off anything with a headphone jack (satellite/phones). All systems offer Bluetooth® and FM and all that jazz. They have some new system now too.. Thinking of upgrading. Worth checking out for ya...

Mrs. Yamadawg has a VTX 1300 Trike with the Motor Trike conversion and it has a windshield instead of the fairing. We would like to add a sound system and need some recommendations and watch outs. We are looking to do a permanent mount with radio and need ports for a MP3 player and future technologies. I would appreciate any input and ideas.

Thanks!

Don