IGNORED

well the new year is not starting off good

oldgoat

well the first of the year i was feeling good.

then 2 days ago the gremlin got me. a slip and fall broke my right ankle. and twisted the knee. 6 weeks on crutches. for the ankle to heel. then something called gout settled in the big toe of the same foot. if any one has ever had this. i truly feel for you.. so here i sit. with a cast on the foot pain like the devil himself is useing a red hot poker on my foot. drugged out of my mind.

all i can say is it has to get better.

Hi, I've had Gout many time over the last 15 yrs, lots of pain and discomfort, the doc says to use Aleve to releve the inflamation, that is what I do and it seem to work, he gave me a much stronger pill but I didn't like the way it made me feel so I use the Aleve and it works for me, at time my foot was so swollen I couldn't put my boot on and that meant a few days with no riding, or using my heel to push on the brake pedal and of course I have a front brake, this was in my right foot, ankle,big toe.. oh so very sore! ! Take care...mobile

PS: check with your doc re: the Aleve or treatment

Add plus one to the cherries as helping , but not the candied maraschino type.

But the pain can be overwhelming ,so get some help if it gets too bad, Aleve doesnt help everyone. there are meds like allopurinol that can help gout and get the uric acid outta your blood so it doesnt crystalize in your bodys joints.

brian

I agree. The cherries are supposed to help but just didn't do it for me. Mine finally got bad enough that I finally went to the doctor. I had gone from being a once a year thing to an almost all the time thing. The doctor gave me a prescription for a pain pill, Indomethacin, to take when it flared up but it was happening too often and I didn't want to take pain pills all the time.

He finally put me on Allopurinol and it has done the trick for me. It prevents the flareups instead of treating the pain. It is a daily thing though and likely will be forever. It's well worth it though.

well im trying cherries. will be seeing the doctor on monday.

the worse thing is the foot is verry painfull. and the cast feels tight because of the swelling. the doctors nurse said if it continues. then they will remove the cast put me in the hospitial treat the gout and use a splint to hold the ankle untill it can be re casted.

the cast i have now is open at the toes. i can see the redness. and just touching that toe is a killer. also the nurse said to drink lots and lots of water??