IGNORED

Introduction & Question

midnight ryder

Hi!,

My name is Larry and I live in the Bootheel of Missouri. A month ago I traded my 1300c for a 06 rsmtd. The 06 had 3300 miles on it and I consider it as close to new as you could get. It does have the loud clutch chirp, which I will deal with later.

This site has been a great help in learning about the new bike (to me). I have added the Harley lic. plate bracket and lights and I have a set of RK mufflers to add. My question is:

How do you save the soft gasket material that is around the head pipe? or do you just buy new if you decide to put the stock pipes back on. I will be adding more to the profile soon. And thanks for all of your help.

Larry :bang head:

I've been able to carefully remove it...BUT...I don't think you will need it with the RK mufflers. They are a tight fit. Just try to save the gaskets in case you ever want to go back to stock. They may actually stay inside the mufflers..if they do..that is great as you can just leave them in place.

"I have a set of RK mufflers to add. My question is:

How do you save the soft gasket material that is around the head pipe? or do you just buy new if you decide to put the stock pipes back on.".................

to swap on your HD mufflers does not require you to loosen or remove the exhaust pipe(s) thus no gasket to worry about........ you just remove stock mufflers - fab or purchase the HD bracket - install HD bracket - install chrome clamp ring - install HD mufflers..... i've included a pic of my 07 RSTD...

** i must have misunderstood the question....sorry

Edited by naturbar