IGNORED

18 F on the ride in today

KiteSquid

It was quite chilly today for the ride in.

I have a heated jacket liner and gloves and the bike has a heated seat and grips which were all set on HIGH.

I was wearing wool socks in by boots but my feet got cold.

I probably will not ride in weather this cold again..... BURRRRRRRRRRRRR

The one real complaint is my glasses and face shield got foggy whenever I slowed or stopped but at 40 MPH or faster I had no fogging issues. Being blind at a stoplight is NOT good......

open your face shield when at a stop.

or you can buy an "anti-fog" solution to put on your face sheild.

I remember as a kid skin diving we used to spit on the inside of our mask....but I don't think that would work!!!!

frozen oysters hanging in front of your face....MMM MMM good!

I have ridden in weather that cold. I was on a two day road trip and had to make it back home that night. I had on every piece of clothing I had with me. My hands and feet got a bit cold but other than that not too bad. The day warmed into the 40's so I was OK.

Not something a intentionally try to do.

I try to cut it off below 40 degrees. I definitely cut it off below freezing. I don't do ICE!

For toes, I use these: http://www.warmers.com/ItemDetails.aspx?itemid=TWES40

One on top of each foot over the toes (lay them on sideways on top of your socks) and I am good for 2-3 hours at least, and they keep making some warmth for another 2-3 hours once I get back home, I just leave them on till they go cold!

As for glasses and shield, I get decent results (best so far) from this product:

http://www.nanofilmproducts.com/products/clarity-defog-it-optical.htm

I like that it is good for glasses with anti-glare treatment.

Also, do you have the Baker Foot Wings? I put these on my '86 VR and it made a HUGE difference in cold weather keeping the wind off my feet.

Your entire problem with the ride in the first place was ----------- You forgot to take your meds in the morning:crackup: And don't forget to add your address and phone number in the bottom of your boots in case you don't remember to take your meds again. :stickpoke: Hello, anybody in there :stickpoke:

:smile5:

Did you have the footwarmer doors open? They do work.

I routinely ride when temps are in the teens. With the Gerbings jacket liner, seat, grips and insulated boots First Gear killiminjaro jacket and Ht overpants I can ride all day.

Yes the doors are open, but I cant feel the heat. they might be working but not enough for me.

Maybe I should invest in some electric socks, insoles, or a foot wind deflector if I want to continue to ride in COLD weather but I might come to my senses soon and park the bike till we get a warm snap, say 40 F

I'll leave the face shield cracked all the time in cold weather. My helmet has a detent that allows the shield to stay open ablut a half inch and my face stays comfortable at this setting. As for hands, I'll warm up by grabbing a convienient spot on the engine at a light. The heat soaks right in!

I had a very nice ride today to and from work... highway was wet in the morning but nice and dry on way home. I only have a few more weeks to use the Venture to commute as I have applied for "collector" plate. The plate will not permit me ride it to work but will keep insurance around 200 $ a year from the 1100 now.

I have a heated vest but seldom use it when riding the Venture since I bought an M2R brand jacket. It is so wind proof I stay very comfortable riding in it with a good shirt or sweater under it. I have Joe Rocket Alter ego pants and a good pair of riding boots that keep me warm year round. We do not usually get much below freezing with out having an ice issue so not used to many below freezing rides but lots around the freezing zone

Glad to hear you guys are doing ok on cold weather riding. I haven't been on my bike for about 5 days now. Flurries + Wind + Temps in the single digits is not my cup of tea even with Gerbings - road surface is not safe for Motos. Snow in the forecast this afternoon near the MD/PA line, so next week may be my next best chance to ride.

:cry: - Today, it is time to plug in the battery conditioner.

:cold:Ride Safe.