IGNORED

Plastic thermostat top

After reading through some posts on the problems with the plastic thermostat top , here is my solution. I cut a support washer from a piece of 1/8 plate to fit around the housing. My old top was warped like most of them are and not mating flush with the base. After the washer was put on it is flush all the way around. I feel better about this now.

Since I have the motor out its a good time to fix things like that.

Hey Mark,

I am always impressed when a VR.ORG member "Thinks Outside The Box" to keep their VR running! THis is one of the few "good things" about winter, it give us time to get some major repairs and upgrades done on our bikes. Don't forget that Radiator Drain while you are in there!

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1724&title=first-gen1983-1993-radiator-drain-upgrade&cat=22

Outstanding repair on a tough area to work on. :clap2:

Earl

Thanks Earl, I have already done the radiator drain, new O-ring and spring then a coat of paint. I should start listing all the little things like this I have done to my VR. I am currently working on replacing the old radiator fan t-stat with a adjustable electronic one. I had to take the old switch apart and make it into a thermowell for the new sensor.