IGNORED

This sux

Monty

Well, my oldest Son's house caught fire today. It started out on his deck. We got the fire trucks here pretty quick. My adrenaline was pumping, so I just grabbed the line off the truck and told them to charge it, and we got it put out before anything inside the house burnt. He lost a wall, that we had to open up, and the deck. No damage to contents, except for a futon that was sitting by that window. Pipes will probably freeze now, since the power is off.

Luckily, everyone got out, although he and I both got lots of smoke. It's a rental house. We called the landlord, and then moved their stuff out to the sheds, and down to our house. They'll be staying with us until they figure something out.

The Fire Chief had the gall to ask me if I wanted my old job back...lol. I said no thanks.

Everyone is safe, and all is well for now...except it's snowing like crazy. Kinda puts a damper on their Christmas too.

Yup. I'm glad it didn't happen at night when they were in bed. The smoke alarms worked at least, and the correct breakers tripped. At least everyone is healthy, and they got most of their belongings too.:happy34:

We live 100 yards away, so that makes things easier.

How did it start?

We think it was the drop light he had in the doghouse to keep the dog warm. Just a regular shop light with 60 watt bulb. I think the dog may have knocked it down on top of a blanket.

Not sure yet, but that's most likely what happened.

We're thinking of you Monty,,,, glad you are able to count blessings, rather than losses. For now everybody involved with the move in might need to have an attitude adjustment,,,, not that there would be any BAD attitudes, but everything is relative, even the relatives.

Glad the damage is managable and everyone is alright!

Crack open one of the faucets in the house and lets the water run slightly and the lines won't freeze that way. No need to have to redo a wall and broken water lines!

Dave

I wish we could. He has a well, and there is no power. The public utilities opened the fuse up at the transformer, otherwise, I could have opened the two breakers that were affected, and turned it back on. Not much wiring was burnt. We did close up the wall with OSB, so the snow and critters can't get in.

Wow Monty glad you were there close to help, and that everyone got away unhurt. That is the best of it; the family is intact.

You could ( if you have one ) use a generator to back feed the house at a dryer port to get the well pump on and drained for the time being.