IGNORED

E-85 gas

Guest scarylarry

Guest scarylarry

There has been E-85 pumps installed where I buy gas sometimes, which is no biggie to me cause I don't use it.

I thought the E-85 was going to be cheaper than regular gas and it was 20 cents higher I asked the cashier and that was joke, so did I miss something or was E-85 suppose to be higher?

There has been E-85 pumps installed where I buy gas sometimes, which is no biggie to me cause I don't use it.

I thought the E-85 was going to be cheaper than regular gas and it was 20 cents higher I asked the cashier and that was joke, so did I miss something or was E-85 suppose to be higher?

Hey Larry,

Where do you buy gas? Just wondering.

Don

We keep hearing that it takes more than a gallon of oil to bring a gallon of ethanol to the fuel pumps. If that is true then it should be no surprise that E85 is more expensive than E10 unless some subsidy artificially lowers the price of E85, which wouod mean that we just pay for it some other way or toss it onto the debt heap.

We keep hearing that it takes more than a gallon of oil to bring a gallon of ethanol to the fuel pumps. If that is true then it should be no surprise that E85 is more expensive than E10 unless some subsidy artificially lowers the price of E85, which wouod mean that we just pay for it some other way or toss it onto the debt heap.

To top it all off, this week even Green Al Gore (Nobel Laureate) admitted that ethanol doesn't make environmental sense either.

No only did he admit that it makes no sense, he went so far as to say that it NEVER made sense. He said that he only pushed it because he needed the farmers votes.

Now I'll probably end up having to delete my own post and others when this turns political....

dang....I hate it when I have to censor me.....:doh:

While we're talkin about ethanol, has anyone had any positive results from it? I used it in my '02 S-10 with a 2.2 litre engine. The little truck usually gets about 22 mpg in the city. When I tried the E85, my mileage dropped to 19 mpg city, and the truck was even slower that normal. Not enough motor for the truck by the way.

So I no longer use E85 altho the motor is approved for it. 3 mpg loss for 20c? I don't think so.

Your experience with reduced gas mileage is normal.

Ethanol contains roughly half the energy per volume as gasoline.

Gasoline burns at at 14 : 1 fuel air mix and ethanol burns at a 7 : 1 fuel air mix.

Therefore the higher the ethanol content, the more you have to burn to get the same horsepower to the drive wheels.

Actually I am surprised that you lost ONLY 3 MPG.

Guest scarylarry
Hey Larry,

Where do you buy gas? Just wondering.

Don

Thorton's I talked to the manager while back and he said this area was a test for it, different areas do different test..