IGNORED

Dealer Frustration - (follow up)

debelt

This is unbelievable. As a quick recap, I took my Venture in to have a wider windshield and passing lamps installed by a dealership (Hahm Motorsports in Anaheim) and they basically jacked up my bike while in their possession (i.e. fairing, lowers, and highway peg).

I went to pick the bike up after all the replacement of the aforementioned damaged parts and low and behold, they managed to back the bike up into something and caved in one of the saddle bag guards in the rear.

I just took the bike with me and had them order me a new set of guards (on them) that I will install myself. This is incompetence to the "n" th degree. It would almost be comical, if it weren't happening to me.

:(

I work for a terrific car dealer and we have a reputation of treating all of our customers really well.

This lady bought a car from us and had had trouble with it several times. The last time she brought it in, we lost it. Yep, we could not find it anywhere. All of the employees that touched were interviewed, we looked high low and in between. Well, it looked just like one of the Enterprise rental cars...and guess what, they had rented it out. Enterprise paid her tripple what they rented it for (got it back 3 days later) no damage done. We really felt STUPID. The lady is still doing business with us to this day, because we told her the truth.

Even the best dealer can look really stupid at times....you can get away with it, if you don't lie.

Even the best dealer can look really stupid at times....you can get away with it, if you don't lie.

:sign20: ... I'm one of those kinda people that can't lie to save my face... unfortunately, that makes me look pretty stupid at times LOL ... oh, and I rarely get away with anything... coz I can't lie and make it believable...

Guest KitCarson
I work for a terrific car dealer and we have a reputation of treating all of our customers really well.

This lady bought a car from us and had had trouble with it several times. The last time she brought it in, we lost it. Yep, we could not find it anywhere. All of the employees that touched were interviewed, we looked high low and in between. Well, it looked just like one of the Enterprise rental cars...and guess what, they had rented it out. Enterprise paid her tripple what they rented it for (got it back 3 days later) no damage done. We really felt STUPID. The lady is still doing business with us to this day, because we told her the truth.

That is so very, very true, I can tolerate anything, just talk to me. Do not lie to me, will just make my chicken mad!! I would have simply said Okay you dummies.......give me another car till you find mine. :thumbsup: Kit

I know what you mean about leaving your baby with stangers, whom at my age are starting to look like they are skipping school. I do all the work I can on my bikes always have. There has only been one dealer that I trusted to do work and he is back in Illinois. I just bought a new 07 last week and I have so far added all but one of the extras I had on by last ride. I noticed a small paint blemish on the trunk while washing it Sunday, showed it to the dealer and he's ordering me a new trunk top. I told the service manager that I would replace the top myself and didn't care if he turned it in to Yamaha or not, I don't trust his people to do the job without doing other damage. I have to wait now to install my trunk rack.

At least the dealer is making it right for you.

Don, know how you feel. But for me, a dealer owning up to a mistake says volumes. My tale would be of (3) dealers.

The one I bought my bike from was doing OK, I ordered more accessories - made an app't to have them installed - took the bike over - and after a week and a 1/2 after the app't, they still hadn't installed them. Always was an excuse - picked up my parts and left - never went back. If they would have been honest up front - I would have rescheduled.

The second dealer in my area initially didn't want to work on my bike due to the paint job etc. - but because I was a local STAR member, took it in. Murphy's law - they accidentally dropped the bike off the lift. This dealer, however, rushed to the phone to notify me - and was totally honest. They took care of everything - having replacement parts fed-ex'd over night to be able to get the bike back on the road. At this dealership, I did appreciate the sincerity and the commitment to make everything right.

The third dealer sponsors our STAR chapter - took the bike into them. Whereas they are accommodating, their attention to detail (i.e. installing power accessories) is very lacking. It seems as though their techs don't have basic technical skills.

There is a 4th dealer here in my area, that appears that they don't even want to look at these big bikes - only the ATV's, small bikes. I don't know - I was in the office equipment industry for 20 years. We didn't make money selling the machines - we made money in service / maintenance. The industries are different - but I am sure the same theory would apply and these dealers are loosing a lot of money with their inadequate service departments. Just my two cents.