IGNORED

WindRiver Thermalectric Rechargeable Heated Boots

friesman

Has anyone tried these heated boots from Work Wearhouse? I thought they look pretty good, but a bit pricy. But my experience with Work Wearhouse has usually been great.

http://www2.marks.com/productdetails.asp?categoryID=530&start=1&href=%2Fctwnew%2Fmarkprod%2Ensf%2FProductListByID%2F9565EDCCE946C36F802577DA000B4030%3FOpenDocument

Brian

Boots look great, that I never have cold feet with what I have.

I DO have cold fingers due to my age of 71, so I need a rechargable glove that heats in the finger as well as the rest of the hand.

Any guidance on this guys and gals?

Thanks. JackZ:Venture::7_6_3[1]:

I'm looking for heated gloves (Or glove liners.) and boots myself. Over the last couple of years, I've read a few tests that all had the same result. Battery powered clothing tends not to get very hot...it's OK for hunting and hiking, but the wind blast from zipping around on a motorcycle (Even a fully faired one.) seems to overpower their heat. And of course, there is that problem of batteries going dead at the wrong time. Right now I'm looking at plug-in heated insoles and either heated gloves or glove liners. That seems to be the least expensive way to go and since the amount of snow (And resulting salt) that we get around here puts an end to the riding season by early December till late March, this equipment should be enough for me. Hope this info is of some use.

• 1 month later...
Guest sussanny

Bought a pair of these expensive boots in mid-December. They are great, but there is a charger problem. Have returned them twice for replacements and am hoping today's work. Socks are OK but batteries get in the way. The rechargeable boots will be super if they work! Maybe they should be made in the USA and not VietNam.