IGNORED

If you could trade your Venture for a Goldwing

zooer

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like the looks, but they are not as comfortable, handle very poorly at slow speeds, way too top heavy. I would consider trading my RSV even up for an 09 or newer Ultra. If I didn't like it, I could always sell if for enough to buy another RSV or a Victory.

Not only would I not part with my RSV, but I would not own a Goldwing for any reason. They are ugly and very uncomfortable.

Goose

And here I am a GW owner, yet I'm always saying good things about the RSV.

Shame on ya v7Goose.........:rasberry:

Dang, now I feel like a HD owner and my bike is being put down and I wont be able to sleep for a week.:bawling:

For years I personally did not like the shape of the GW either, but now that I own one, I have become accustomed to the look and find it very appealing (to my eye), and after riding it for that first time of 50 miles or more, I found it very comfortable and handles a whole heck of a lot better then the RSV since the RSV is so top heavy and unstable when going slow. But hey. to each their own..

I just hope I can sleep tonight now....:puzzled:

If you could trade your Venture straight out even swap for a loaded Goldwing, would you? :motorcyclehelmet:

Straight across trade? IN A HEARTBEAT !!! (you got one to trade?)

Wait a minute.... you said "loaded Goldwing" .... but no mention of year.... I think I'll take back my words and see what's the actual "offering" first.

I started with a GL1100 as my first Bike fell in love with the RSV. The goldwings are great bikes but to me just far too much plastic. They do not look like or sound like a traditional Motorcycle just not for me, Besides I already feel old around my friends on there sport bikes but there the jealous ones when I pull out cloths to suit the weather or thermos of coffee but with all the bad things I've heard lately really makes you think about those air bags I would be torn.:think:

Guest scarylarry

Nope, I could never get comfortable on one and yes I did try one before I bought the RSV, I will revist the GW when and if the new models come out but for now no...

I do feel they are a good bike and have been told they are a crochet rocket on steriods..

Oh Pam loves the rear seat as well as the RSV

I love the looks of the RSV..Really like my GW though but Im a person that doesnt care what others think..I have found that different bikes fill different needs and IF the RSV makes significant changes I will buy another and have the best of both worlds. I have friends that ride ST1100s,HDs,Victorys,Suzuki Burgmans and I have nothing bad to say about any of them..In fact good for them that they are still riding......It dont matter what you ride as long as you enjoy..... especially as a member here!

Guest tx2sturgis
Nope, couldn't do it. I just can't imagine wearing the same helmet, sunglasses, boots, pants, t-shirt, jacket, gloves and probably underwear as my passenger.

And I'm not in to teddy bears on my rear rack.

gunk:rotfl::witch_brew:

I've been to a few GoldThing ™ rallies and I noticed this too.

Teddy bears and matching shirts, hats and jackets....of course, I've noticed the same thing, but in smaller numbers, at Harley events....except for the matching shirts...and hats...and jackets....ok...actually not as many teddy bears...thats the only difference!

Tried the GW in 2001 when I chose the RSMV as my final ride. Nothing has changed whether it is loaded or not. I am not into ABS or the other things. After 51 years of riding the RSV is all I need for the rest of my life. Anyway I have way to much extras to get rid of Sylvester.

:farmer:

I haven't ridden a GW that much so I can't say one way or the other. My friend rides one and it's quiet, powerful, nimble and well..., you get the idea. If there was not another RSV out there to be bought, then yea, I'd probaly own one. As it is right now, I love my "Big Gal". A GW would be my second choice!!! Don't want anything with a V-twin, air cooled engine, belt, or chain drive.