IGNORED

I Blame Tom

Aimhigh

It is not my fault that Tom made the Big Bend run on a new Goldwing. It is not my fault that my wife fell in love with the bike...ok, so did I. It is not my fault that when we stopped in at a Honda dealer for rainsuits that they had an '07 Goldwing...level three that we would really like. I guess it is MY fault that we ended up buying it, though. I hope I will not be disowned by this group...

new name for ya'll: VENTURE RIDER.MUTINEERS!

i'm looking at "downsizing" to something i can hold upright at a stop sign!

just jt:stickpoke:

jt...I would be less than truthful if I did not admit that is a significant factor in the decision.

The only way you leave us is in cement shoes... Hey, whos' got the buckets ? ...:rotf:

If they would update the RSV they might not be losing costumers so much.:doh:

Hope you like the wing, we been looking at them too but were gonna wait for a couple of more years.:mo money:

One of the greatest thing about having owned the RSV is that it brought us to this site and we made so many great friends. Honestly, I think if we thought that you all would have "disowned" us...we may not have made the change. But we saw on the Big Bend trip that all are welcome, regardless, of what you ride...so we kinda thought it would not be an issue. I gotta tell you that the ABS, fuel injection, handling, and many other factors made the decision easier, too. On the down side, we did lose the cassette:o.

Congrats Jim!

The Goldwing is a fine machine and hope you get many miles out of it. Yamaha will loose more and more touring riders as they dont seem to care about upgrading....their loss. As far as us here, you know your more than welcome on whatever you show up on :thumbsup2:

Congrats on your new ride! I really fell in love with mine on the first test ride....Handling was THE deciding factor for me. I too love the VentureRiders....and I enjoyed my RSV (and frankly the riding position for myself and the wife), but handling (both low speed and in the twisty stuff) was a deal breaker for me. I've owned more Yamaha's than anything else, but why in the world MamaYama hasn't updated the Venture with FI, ABS and a "taut" suspension is beyond me...Oh well, maybe when the 3rd Gen finally arrives.....

Way to go. Was it really your intention to go look at rainsuits at a GW dealer. I won't tell Belinda. Enjoy the ride. Send pics. Need to break it in on a ride to Houston sometime.:twing: :clap2:

Nope, Perry...in fact I thought it was a Yamaha dealer...did not even know that they were also a Honda dealer...that's my story...and I'm sticking with it!:o

Jim, they had to remove 1/2 inch piece of bone and reroute nerve. Probably 3 weeks before I might be able to ride. Right now It's hard to lift a can of coke.

Remarkable that you might be able to ride that soon! Hope it works out that way.

BTW, one of the things that put us over the top on the GW is that it had CB already installed. We had never used that feature much on the RSV, but we see how handy it is to have when at Big Bend.

Tom, the movie Bandolero...I think the actors are Jimmy Stewart and Raquel Welch...or do I have the wrong movie? I thought the scuttlebutt while riding was that John Wayne and Sofia Loren were in it???

Remarkable that you might be able to ride that soon! Hope it works out that way.

BTW, one of the things that put us over the top on the GW is that it had CB already installed. We had never used that feature much on the RSV, but we see how handy it is to have when at Big Bend.

Tom, the movie Bandolero...I think the actors are Jimmy Stewart and Raquel Welch...or do I have the wrong movie? I thought the scuttlebutt while riding was that John Wayne and Sofia Loren were in it???

You are right.....BUT..I wouldnt have complained on either one of those..Both were fine lookin women.