IGNORED

no more chirp

ArcsSparks

I have a 06 RSMTD that I just bought. It has 3,000. miles on it. I should have driven faster that 35 mph before I traded. At 55mph you can't harley hear youself think. I am the second owner and there is two years of warrenty left on the bike. Did warrenty replace the clutch basket or was it out of pocket. This is a Great Bike, if I can quiet the chriping. If anybody can quide me I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks

Midnight Ryder

The I-basket is the greatest thing since sliced bread, the wife and I went for a 2hr ride today and it was so nice nice to actually here the engine. should have done it long ago

Glad to hear this. Keep us updated. Need to know if this is temporary of permanent fix.

I have a 06 RSMTD that I just bought. It has 3,000. miles on it. I should have driven faster that 35 mph before I traded. At 55mph you can't harley hear youself think. I am the second owner and there is two years of warrenty left on the bike. Did warrenty replace the clutch basket or was it out of pocket. This is a Great Bike, if I can quiet the chriping. If anybody can quide me I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks

Midnight Ryder

Warranty will replace it one time. It's well worth having it done. My 06 was pretty bad and I put it off for almost two years. After having it done, its not completely quite, but very tolerable. Some have had dealerships give them the run-around and have tried to play it off as something else. Me personally, I went in and told them it had a bad clutch whine and advised them that I was told yamaha would replace it. The service manager contacted yamaha and they sent a new I basket and swapped em out at no charge.

Warranty will replace it one time. It's well worth having it done. My 06 was pretty bad and I put it off for almost two years. After having it done, its not completely quite, but very tolerable. Some have had dealerships give them the run-around and have tried to play it off as something else. Me personally, I went in and told them it had a bad clutch whine and advised them that I was told yamaha would replace it. The service manager contacted yamaha and they sent a new I basket and swapped em out at no charge.

Warrenty did it and I will keep ya'll updated (sort of late in the season ) but next spring we're are riding!!!

Something to watch for....

When I had mine done, there was little to no difference. I pulled the basket and found that they installed a "G" basket, not the " I " basket so I got ahold of the shop manager and he got a proper "I" basket.... I swapped it out myself (since I already had it all apart) and it's been probably 80% quieter since.

So, point being is... make sure it's the "I" basket they're installing. On the back side of the basket on the outer edge where the gear teeth are, you will see a clear stamped " I ".

[ATTACH]52223[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]52224[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]52225[/ATTACH]