IGNORED

E-Bay thru the Roof??

Yammer Dan

Just thinking. I used to play quite a bit on there and grabbed a lot of 1st Gen parts to add to my collection. Lately seems if most think they are gold plated?? They want as much as I would for my parts!!!:whistling:

Or they jack shipping up so high it is stupid to try for them?

Edited by Yammer Dan

I have '83-'89 parts as a saved search and get a email every day. I noticed the same thing. Out of every 50 items, there might be one that seems like a reasonable price. Got one tonight that had a rear brake disc in the mix. They wanted over $300 after shipping. If I'm paying that much I'd prefer to support the local dealer/economy.

I have to agree Dan. I too bought a lot of parts on e-bay the last few years. But it has gone to the dogs lately as far as prices go. There are a few deals to be made, but far and few between anymore. The junkyards have all but ruined a good deal anymore. I'm one for making a profit but their prices are more like shopping at a pirates cove.:D

Be careful of any parts listed by "absolutecycle09". He will list a part that might bring $30 to $50 in an auction with a starting bid of .99. But when you look at his shipping cost he may have $100 on that item. I called him on a rear shock he had $125 shipping on and asked why the high charges and he said I have to make my money someway on it. I asked why he did not just raise his minimum bid and he would not answer. He is just looking for someone that does not look at the shipping charge and will buy something.

RandyA

I think high shipping is just a way for them to rip off ebay.

Sellers pay a commission on the selling price...not on shipping.

So a low selling price & High shipping charged = low commission paid & more in their pocket.

If a few of them were reported maybe it would be policed better

good one skid!! you have to also remember that yammer dan is still lost in the 50's lol i just bought some star rear floarboards for 80.00 plus 25.00 shipping for a total of 105.00 true one of them has bubbles on it but still look good for the price. new they list for 219.00 or a little more. trying to chrome it up skid

good one skid!! you have to also remember that yammer dan is still lost in the 50's lol i just bought some star rear floarboards for 80.00 plus 25.00 shipping for a total of 105.00 true one of them has bubbles on it but still look good for the price. new they list for 219.00 or a little more. trying to chrome it up skid

That won't make it as Fast as my antique.:rasberry: But I'll be able to keep track of you in the rear view easier!!!!

Sometimes I get lucky on ebay.I just bought the 3 bags that goes on the first gen for $26 plus $5 shipping.The seller sent me an email and said he made a small tear place on one of the bags and he would refund $11 or I could pass up the deal.I got the bags and actually had to look for the tear.I just won a rear tire and wheel for the 2nd gen for $34 and $39 shipping.Still a great price.

I have to agree Dan. I too bought a lot of parts on e-bay the last few years. But it has gone to the dogs lately as far as prices go. There are a few deals to be made, but far and few between anymore. The junkyards have all but ruined a good deal anymore. I'm one for making a profit but their prices are more like shopping at a pirates cove.:D

Its ebay not the junkyard they charge ridiculous prices for junk.

On the high shipping, they're ripping Ebay off. The problem is Ebay doesn't do a thing about it. Maybe it's so insignificant that they can't be bothered, or things are getting so bad that they don't want to alienate a seller. There have been a lot of 'deals' offered lately to get sellers to list items. I've reported excessive shipping to them, but nothings ever done. What I think is humorus are the bike covers out of China. $.01 plus $17.00 shipping. There are tons of them on Ebay, and they don't pay a thing in end user fees. Heck I just bought 6 of them. They state that they are UV resistant and 'all' weather. We'll see when they come in. Back to the Ebay shipping.... I don't know if any of you are participating in the Ebay Bucks program, but Ebay only pays a spiff on the sold price, not shipping. So the seller is screwing the buyer too. On the high prices for Venture items, the itmes in demand will always bring bidding activity, i.e. pillow top seats... 1st-2ndGen chrome... but there are bunches of stuff that won't get a sniff. I'm watching Pinwall listing 50-100 items and only getting bids a small percentage. Hess4less has basically disappeared because of stuff going so cheap. Why go thru the trouble of listing stuff when it just sits. Private sellers don't want to waste their time. Occasionally I used to list items, but now they are more valuable to me then what they would bring on Ebay, so why bother. And I'm not alone...

hmm so dan has all them good first gen parts?

might have to make a trip and distract him while i run away with some fairings and other parts..:rotfl:

There is still the Warden and that 357 with 180 grain hollowpoints. She shoots better than I do. I miss once in a while...:whistling:

Hey Yammer, when you get that TCI in and want it checked out, I have been successful in repairing a couple that I have, 1 had a bad trace and the other I replaced the diodes. It'll only cost you the 10 bucks shipping back and forth if you want me to check it out.....

I'm just sayin'.....

I use Ebay from time to time. 3 times this past month alone. You really have to know your product price and whats considered reasonable shipping. If the shipping is too high then I pass. Some offer free shipping but jack up the cost to cover shipping so it all equals out in the end. Bottom line is you gotta do your homework first before you get excited and press the buy it button!

I have an Epson CX 6000 printer that I bought several years ago. I always used Epson for my printers. But, they are ink hogs. Cartridge world does not refill the Epson 69 cartridges and to replace all the cartridges would cost about 70 bucks. A lot of money! Last year I bought a Kodak 3250 printer because the replacement cartridges would cost only 24 bucks. What a POS this unit was! It never printed with good clarity but because of the price of ink I lived with it. I became so fed up with it I decided to go back with my old Epson and dam the cost. Finally had a brain flash to look on Ebay and found the ink cartridges I needed for 30 bucks. Ordered 2 sets and for 60 bucks came in less then what i would have paid at the store, all with free shipping.

Just pay attention to what your buying on Ebay and you should be ok. And ALWAYS check the reviews.