IGNORED

The McCuff

rumboogy

LOL :crackup::crackup:

#2: Really people aren't smart enough to NOT do this when they are filling up their bike?!?

http://www.mccuff.com/assets/images/005-a.jpg

BUT, since Paul Sr. says so, it must be cool...

With respect to answering your question about allowing a venture to fill up past the filler neck (avoiding the air pockets that were built into the design of our tank); I strongly suspect that this product will have no effect on it at all. Since the 'issue' with our bikes is that the 'built in' areas for the air pockets (vented with the one vent tube out the top right (sitting on the bike) side of the tank are there and a non-vented filler neck extends below those levels - what prevents us from filling 'all of the way up' is the time it takes for the air to escape through the vent hose out of the top of the tank. If one vents their filler neck, then the air pockets are able to escape through the vent holes in the filler neck as well as the top of the tank.

It appears that this product is aimed for the simple ease of the folks that set the nozzle IN the tank and let-r-rip instead of the folks that actually hold on to it and watch the fuel fill up.

Hope that helps.

As goofy a premise as it is, it works great and I use it every time I fill up. Sure the limitation of our tank design doesn't allow a fill up to the very top but I can go right to the neck with one click every time. It works best when the nozzle has that full accordion looking sleeve but it also works when there is just the rubber hood on the nozzle.

After a few fill ups you get the hang of it. Then you can fill up with confidence then when it clicks off, you are as full as you can be with zero gas on the tank and zero splash.

my two cents....

I remember driving thru an area where all the gas pumps had goofy vacuum attachments on the nozzles. I stopped at a couple stations and couldn't get any of them to work (they wouldn't deliver any fuel) holding the nozzle carefully at the top of the filler neck or in any manner that would work with my RSTD gas tank. Luckily I had enough gas to get to the next county and have never had that problem again. I wonder if this device is designed for those type nozzles?

I can see this device being helpful in some of the newly designed pump handles. They have a spring loaded gizmo that must be compressed to allow the pump to function. With out the "McCuff" you have to use both hand to fill up... one to hold the handle and one to compress the spring on the nozzle. PITA but when you need gas..........

Okay so I think I could have been a little more careful in my original post.

Ablumny: I see where it could be handy with those goofy accordion nozzle dealies and also if you like to use the 'click off' feature of the pump. I DO [now] understand the advantage that this contraption provides.

What I thought of when I saw the picture and description:

I just had a mental image of some goofus sticking the nozzle ALL the way in, pulling on the handle and having it click off before it the tank is full. Then proceed to NOT be able to figure out why he can't get any more gass to go into the tank (mostly because a few weeks ago I was out with a relatively new rider and watched him do it at the time of the fill up - and was amazed at how easy it was for me to fill up my bike...). Now, in addition to my twisted sense of humor, I have been running on very little sleep for the past few weeks so I guess I have been finding some pretty tame things to be awfully amusing. After re-reading my origional post I think that it may have been interpreted as folks that choose to use it are lacking something upstairs - That is NOT what I had meant by it out to be anything other than how I just described above.

-----

Personally, and maybe I'm just a goof, I like to watch the fuel come out of the nozzle and go into my tank. It gives me a chance to keep an eye out for any large chunks of debris, discolorations, etc. I also usually inspect the end of the nozzle before sticking it in my tank. I had the pleasure of pulling up to a fuel nozzle caked with dirt/mud once and I will never make that mistake again...

Anyways, back on topic - sorry about the diversion.

whatever floats your boat (or in our case, whatever fill your tank) they say right! There are a few different type of nozzles out there and it doesnt take long to figure out how to get that one click fill up with each. And yes, even with the accordion type of deal, you dont stick the thing all the way in otherwise you are right, it'll click off before you are full. Takes a tiny bit of practice but now I know im full without having to pull the trigger multiple times and I get no splash back over my tank.

ok...that's now my full endorsement of the McCuff:) @!

I remember driving thru an area where all the gas pumps had goofy vacuum attachments on the nozzles. I stopped at a couple stations and couldn't get any of them to work (they wouldn't deliver any fuel) holding the nozzle carefully at the top of the filler neck or in any manner that would work with my RSTD gas tank. Luckily I had enough gas to get to the next county and have never had that problem again. I wonder if this device is designed for those type nozzles?

This is exactly what the McCuff is designed for.

RR

Okay so I think I could have been a little more careful in my original post.

Ablumny: I see where it could be handy with those goofy accordion nozzle dealies and also if you like to use the 'click off' feature of the pump. I DO [now] understand the advantage that this contraption provides.

What I thought of when I saw the picture and description:

I just had a mental image of some goofus sticking the nozzle ALL the way in, pulling on the handle and having it click off before it the tank is full. Then proceed to NOT be able to figure out why he can't get any more gass to go into the tank (mostly because a few weeks ago I was out with a relatively new rider and watched him do it at the time of the fill up - and was amazed at how easy it was for me to fill up my bike...). Now, in addition to my twisted sense of humor, I have been running on very little sleep for the past few weeks so I guess I have been finding some pretty tame things to be awfully amusing. After re-reading my origional post I think that it may have been interpreted as folks that choose to use it are lacking something upstairs - That is NOT what I had meant by it out to be anything other than how I just described above.

-----

Personally, and maybe I'm just a goof, I like to watch the fuel come out of the nozzle and go into my tank. It gives me a chance to keep an eye out for any large chunks of debris, discolorations, etc. I also usually inspect the end of the nozzle before sticking it in my tank. I had the pleasure of pulling up to a fuel nozzle caked with dirt/mud once and I will never make that mistake again...

Anyways, back on topic - sorry about the diversion.

my twisted sense of humor

I can attest to that fact... :hihi::whistling::stickpoke:

I'm just a goof

naahhhhhhhhhhhh... really??

fuel nozzle caked with dirt/mud

Now that's a great "tip" which I never thought of ... I'll be watching for this from now on .... :thumbsup2:

my twisted sense of humor

I can attest to that fact... :hihi::whistling::stickpoke:

Huh. I'm not really sure how to take this considering the souper-source. :think::think: :rasberry:

fuel nozzle caked with dirt/mud

Now that's a great "tip" which I never thought of ... I'll be watching for this from now on .... ...

Yup that extra 2 seconds it takes to peek at the end could save lots of time, money and frustration 'not so far' down the road... Just make sure your fingers are off the 'trigger' before you peak; I hear most ladies aren't really into the eyepatch thing...