IGNORED

Question About "The Jason Mod"

Bobby G

I found this in the 2nd Gen tech library (although it also applies to 1st Gen's as well):

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=501

As I'm always looking for ways to improve my '99's performance and fuel mileage, I want to give this a try, but I'm still a little confused.

The mod calls for a "tee" to be installed if the AIS system has NOT been plugged (mine has not). If someone has done this, please let me know what this is referring to and how it needs to be installed. The rest of the mod seems quite basic - just a 1 1/2" to 2" hose connecting the nipples on each side once the vacuum hose and cap are removed.

Don, you weighed in on this back in '06, and I was wondering if you still think this is a beneficial modification to make.

Thanks.

I didn't notice any difference in performance on the '83. It did give more of a 'lope' to the idle which I kinda liked, so left the mod. I will end up doing it to the '99 as well. The 'T' they arre refering to can be bought at most auto parts stores. The T needs to be placed in the middle of the hose to make a place to connect the AIS vacuum hose. I bet someone has a pic.... :)

The jason mod has been around a long time now.I ran the jason mod for about a year, in 2004. I saw no benefit to it so I went back to stock. I didnt see any increase in performance. mileage, etc. Just a little more rumble.