IGNORED

Florida Caverns

Verninator

Hello Anyone,Everyone, Etc.... Whoooo Hooooo!!!

I am planning a " Bike & Hike " to the Florida Caverns in Marrianna Florida. November 6th. They have some Hiking Trails on the property which I am planning on Hiking, as well as the 35-40 minute tour underGround. I will be taking US-90 west all the way. It is actually a nice ride, and will pick a different route for the return trip. Probably leave my house in Bryceville at 7:15 am ( If I can get my Night Owl wife outta bed ) meeting my friend ( Rodney C. also rides a 09' Venture) in McClenney Florida at the gas station next to Hardee's, on Hwy 121 @ 7:45 am . The cost to get in, I think is donation but you can check online if interested. Would like to be on the road by 8:15 am. It is about 4.0 hours to the Caverns. Get lunch somewhere on the way, Hang out on-site til 3-4:00 pm 'ish, Then head for home, everyone is always welcome to do as you please as far as schedule and your own departure time and route. I like long days, Sometimes I don't know when to go Home. I carry a Backpack with water/Gatoraid, hiking stick, for the wife & I, and wear Hiking boots so I am Comfy on the hike.

If interested let me know, if you would like a cell # to contact me.

Thanks Tom E. aka Vern :smile5:

Hello Anyone,Everyone, Etc.... Whoooo Hooooo!!!

I am planning a " Bike & Hike " to the Florida Caverns in Marrianna Florida. November 6th. They have some Hiking Trails on the property which I am planning on Hiking, as well as the 35-40 minute tour underGround. I will be taking US-90 west all the way. It is actually a nice ride, and will pick a different route for the return trip. Probably leave my house in Bryceville at 7:15 am ( If I can get my Night Owl wife outta bed ) meeting my friend ( Rodney C. also rides a 09' Venture) in McClenney Florida at the gas station next to Hardee's, on Hwy 121 @ 7:45 am . The cost to get in, I think is donation but you can check online if interested. Would like to be on the road by 8:15 am. It is about 4.0 hours to the Caverns. Get lunch somewhere on the way, Hang out on-site til 3-4:00 pm 'ish, Then head for home, everyone is always welcome to do as you please as far as schedule and your own departure time and route. I like long days, Sometimes I don't know when to go Home. I carry a Backpack with water/Gatoraid, hiking stick, for the wife & I, and wear Hiking boots so I am Comfy on the hike.

If interested let me know, if you would like a cell # to contact me.

Thanks Tom E. aka Vern :smile5:

Sounds like fun, but the 6th is the meet and eat at the space coast.

They charge by the person to get in the gate, it cost us $4.00 per bike if you are riding solo to get in the gate and then another $8.00 per person to get in the caverns. They are not great but not too bad if you have never seen them. The mosiqitoes will carry you away so take repelent with you. We visited last year, the camp ground is terrible so don't waste your time on it. The cave tours are closed on Tuesday and Wendsday also.