IGNORED

Classifieds Help

mmoffitt

Sorry for posting here, but new to the site and trying to figure it out. I just bought an 06 Venture that needs a new kickstand. I was trying to post it in the Classified section but couldn't figure out how to post a new ad. I couldn't find a little button that said something like "post new thread" or anything. Any help for a noob would be great...and if anyone reading this has a kickstand in good condition they are trying to get rid of, please contact me!

Thanks

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the VR.ORG site! Pinwall Cycle Parts has a kickstand for your bike. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-1300-KICKSTAND-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c57df9a55QQitemZ190452832853QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

If this link doesn't work go to ebay and type in this item number: 190452832853

The price seems OK to me but I guess it's relative, seeing as you don't have a center stand. :doh: Of course, you could take your Cassette Deck and prop up the left side of your scoot with that:rotfl::crackup::rotf::crackup::rotfl::crackup::rotf::sign just kidding:

I hope this helps, :thumbsup2:

Earl

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the VR.ORG site! Pinwall Cycle Parts has a kickstand for your bike. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-1300-KICKSTAND-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c57df9a55QQitemZ190452832853QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

If this link doesn't work go to ebay and type in this item number: 190452832853

The price seems OK to me but I guess it's relative, seeing as you don't have a center stand. :doh: Of course, you could take your Cassette Deck and prop up the left side of your scoot with that:rotfl::crackup::rotf::crackup::rotfl::crackup::rotf::sign just kidding:

I hope this helps, :thumbsup2:

Earl

I was at Pinwall Cycles last Friday. Friendly and helpful folks there. I think they have just about any part you would want, except the intercom clip that goes on the RSV tank.:bawling:

I'm not quite clear on what happened to the sidestand. I just bought the bike today and I think the guy was hauling it in a horse trailer, didn't tie down good, and it moved and bent the kickstand....They "modified" it by adding about 2 inchs of a metal block welded to the bottom of the stand. This puts the bike back up to the right angle and I wouldn't care about it if it was just the looks...but even a moderate left lean will scrape the stand since it now doesn't go fully up. So I find myself slowing down on any left turn enough to basically take the turn upright...not good! So I'm doubt the stand is covered under the warranty and I'll have to find another...

That's a great idea. Hopefully one of them will see my ad or read this thread...I'd rather give a few dollars to someone here than to a faceless dealer or supplier...:big-grin-emoticon:
:mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::ice_awesome-vi46644:sign green with env:group cheers::wel_ani4Tay::wel_ani3Tay::wel_ani2Wa::wel_5Wa::welcome1::big-grin-emoticon::fishin:

That's a great idea. Hopefully one of them will see my ad or read this thread...I'd rather give a few dollars to someone here than to a faceless dealer or supplier...:big-grin-emoticon:

You might want to post this on the Trike and sidecar section.

The rest of you take warning...I've known this guy for a few years now. Held his mother's hand when he was born, even had to paddle his bare bottom a time or two.:no-no-no:

Welcome aboard and looking forward to Christmas.:banana:

The rest of you take warning...I've known this guy for a few years now. Held his mother's hand when he was born, even had to paddle his bare bottom a time or two.:no-no-no:

Hope his Dad didn't here you

You never paddled me! I was the perfect child:2143:...Any trouble I got into was as a result of my parents just not understanding what it's like to be a kid...At least that's what your grand daughter keeps telling me!:Laugh:

• 4 years later...
I agree that it's a bit hard to find but when you go to the classifieds, the third blue menu bar from the top on the far right side is a link that says "Place an Ad".

How do you get to "classifieds" ? Can't find it on the home page.