IGNORED

New kawasaki

hunter 1500

I.... really REALLY like it! Good by nomad, hello Klingon destroyer. This is one mean looking bike with a lot of awesome features. Don't get angry at me guys, but I'd trade in my rstd for that thing for sure. But that won't happen so no need to get on my case. :rasberry:

Yamaha really needs to do something, Harley and Kawasaki are making some amazing bikes. I left out Honda because they know they already know whats going on.

Touring style pipes on either side, rather than staggered... I like that. Not a fan of blinker stalks... gimme passing lamps! Not sure what that bit of chrome is where I was looking for pillion floorboards? Saddle bag guards???

They didn't black out the fugly label on the pic showing the saddle bag open??

I like the black edition best! :thumbsup:

Dave

Not a bad looking bike. I'm always a little slow to the party with new bikes and cars though. Every time they come up with something new it takes a couple years to get the bugs out. I do like the direction Kaw is going with the line though. Let's see how they hold up.

Very strange, they use the same fairing as the Voyager that has built in passing lamps and they just leave them out? Turn the openings into vents?

They need the vents,these bikes get hot.maybe not so bad without the lowers.I spent a lot of time checking out the voyager and nomad.they are nice,but not build as well as the venture.to much plastic, not as good fit and finish.

So you lose the passing lamps, the comfy touring seat, the trunk, the touring windshield, and you get the old style Nomad bags, all for only $1000 less. I'd pay the extra $1000 and take off the trunk and windshield and store them if I didn't want to use them.

And there is no ABS option? If I ever get rid of my RSV, it will be for a touring bike with ABS.

For a new to be released bike, they sure came out with some accessories fairly quickly. Should be interesting to see how this bike does next year in the market. I might agree for this type of bike, I might like the Victory better - but at the end of the day, there are probably more Kawi dealers versus Victory dealers if one was to break down somewhere.

It was pointed out on another forum that the new fairing looks a lot like the old police bike fairing.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af267/alekkas/Z%20Temp%20Stuff/kawpolice.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af267/alekkas/Z%20Temp%20Stuff/kawvaqueropic.jpg

I think it looks sharp. HOWEVER it basically looks like a stripped down sportier version of the Voyager and if it is it will be interesting to see if it inherits the same problems as the Voyager. The Voyager for example looks great far away but looks cheap up close. Ex; mold marks and poor fit. Also need to see if it gets real hot sitting on it at traffic lights as some say the Voyager does. If it does not have those problems then I say go for it.

It looks nice. Has alot of the features the new Stratoliner deluxe should have had (cruise, bagger duals).

Not sure I would rush out and replace my RSTD with one. I am debating the Strat deluxe fairing if I think I can get it to fit the RSTD. Been at the dealer eyeballing it. its more swept back than the harley style batwings so it should look better with the RSTD bars. Its available as an accessory item now and so is the radio package. A little pricey, but its available in Raven, so no painting for me.

I saw a STratoliner deluxe with lowers on it at Indy at the yamaha tent. The lowers are an accessory but they aren't showing up yet on the website. I would wait to see where Yamaha heads. I am starting to think/agree with some of the earlier posts that the next Venture is going to be a full dress Strat with cruise, radio, trunk, bagger duals etc. Economy of scale. My bet will be called Stratoliner Venture. Who knows.... It would be great if they built something with the new Vmax motor, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Anyway, so much for the HIjacking. I think Kawasaki hit the feature option package right on. I need passenger options so it doesn't work for me.

RSTDdog