IGNORED

Kingsport, TN anyone?

Bigfoot

I'll be coming into Kingsport on the bike either on Friday afternoon or Saturday afternoon. Starting on Sunday evening I'll be there to work a few days. Just wondering if anyone lives close and wants to try a dinner get together. I'll be staying at the Jameson inn.

Also, any suggestions on roads to ride in the area would be appreciated.

I live nearby (Bristol) and I'm going to attempt taking my son out for a hour or two this Saturday or Sunday. I would hate to commit to a certain day or time with a new baby in the house, though. May try to contact you when it gets closer to the weekend.

As for riding, head up towards Bristol, and ride across US Hwy 421 to Mountain City. It's better known as the "Snake." Very fun ride if you are into twisties and switchbacks. If you prefer highway riding, head up Hwy 11W to Hwy 394, and it will take you around the back side of Bristol Motor Speedway. You can get to the Snake following the same route, as Hwy 394 dead ends into Hwy 421. You could also head north out of Kingsport on US Hwy 23 (called Lynn Garden Drive in Kingsport) toward Gate City, VA. That will take you to Natural Tunnel State Park. The coalfields are beyond that. It's impossible to have a bad ride in this area once you get out of any of the little towns.

If you like Barbecue, there is a place in Kingsport called Pratts. It's on the main drag, named Stone Drive (which is also Hwy 11W). You can't miss them. They have a huge "wooden indian" in the parking lot. There is a world famous BBQ joint named Ridgewood between Bluff City and Elizabethton, which is about 30 minutes from where you are staying. It is worth the ride. If you need something quick for lunch, there are all the major chains, but I suggest the Purple Cow on Stone Drive (awesome onion rings) and Pals (several throughout town - sauce burgers with cheese). They are both drive through only places, and regional.

Don't bother with the local MC stealerships. Their inventories were so low a few weeks ago that I am surprised that they keep their doors open. Atlas Honda/Yamaha/Kaw/Suzi in Bristol and Jim's Cycles in Johnson City are worth hitting up, though. There is a MC salvage place in Morristown, too. I can't remember their name, but they are well known. If you have the time, you may want to ride down there. Probably about an hour away. They have all kinds of used parts, and you might just find something you need there. I plan on heading down there when I start working on my VR.

Have a safe trip and enjoy yourself. Stay safe! (the drivers in Kingsport suck - especially on Stone Drive)

Hey Wayne, I am over in Johnson City and may be able to work something out. Right now my weekend looks pretty busy with a bunch of stuff to do around the house getting ready for an appraisal to refinance after the divorce. Maybe SGN can also get together as he lives near Kingsport also. My cell is in my profile.

Oh, according to Eck, watch out for the red light cameras in Kingsport.

RandyA

Guys,

I won't be in until late on Saturday now. I hope to be in the hotel by 4 at the latest. Sorry about that. I'm still waiting to hear what I have to be at the meeting on Sunday so I may be able to ride during the day if it's late enough.

I'm having too much fun in WV. If you've never done RT 50 in WV I strongly suggest it at some time in your life. This road is so much fun that at times I was glad to see a straightaway just so I could relax.

Edited by Bigfoot