IGNORED

Muffler Chamber problem...HELP

Hi Guys and Gals...

I have a holes in the chamber thing and I cannot get it a patch to hold for anything. I have tried muffler patch and the clay stuff that turns into metal, even a screw and the clay/metal stuff and that still blew out.

It is annoying but I just want to make sure it won't affect the engine in any negative way. I prefer a nice quick ride but I can put up with the pseudo Harley sound.

I do not know what the chamber is called but it is connected to the pipes from the engine then to the mufflers. Help I am going nuts with this.

Thanks,

Mark

'86 VR

I recently tried some of this stuff on a car exhaust. It was a big hole where a weld had rusted out, oval shaped 1/2" x 1" in size approximately and the repair worked out a great success.

http://www.permatex.com/images/DisplayImage.asp?210|/images/ProductPhotos/80331.jpg

Permatex® Muffler & Tailpipe Bandage

Epoxy-impregnated fiberglass bandage chemi- cally welds mufflers and tailpipes. Permanently repairs holes and leaks in exhaust systems saving costly part replacement. Seals out poisonous fumes to temperatures of 800°F (426°C).

Suggested Applications: Mufflers and tailpipes on automobiles, trucks, tractors and farm equipment

Hope this helps.

some where on this site there is an no . and address for a collector from mark pipe . after buying one from him i made a point to get it entered here so check around. it is not cheap but it is real good sounds real fine . check it out:smile5:

Last price I saw on a Mark's Pipes collector (posted on this site), it was about $200. more, than a new OEM collector from Yamaha.

:mo money::mo money::2cents:

Last price I saw on a Mark's Pipes collector (posted on this site), it was about $200. more, than a new OEM collector from Yamaha.

:mo money::mo money::2cents:

i just priced a new oem collector on parts shark there price was 463.29 mark pipe colector in stainless steel cost me 330.00 . the way it runs and sounds is much better. make shure you use new gaskets all around .i think you would be very happy with it.:hurts: