IGNORED

simple question (I hope....)

stvmaier

Hey folks.... I was wondering... when you wired your bike for the trailer... what did you do with the connector?? Is there a way to mount it to the hitch?? not sure what to do with it.:confused24: The trailer I bought has a 5-pin round connector...... your thoughts???

I got the same thing "5 pin round". Mine is mounted to bottom of hitch.

Not sure I like it there, as the first time I pulled the trailer and un-hooked it,,, well lets say I forgot to un-hook the plug cause I didn't see it, and then I sat in the dark with the wife holding a flash light "giggling" as I re-wired it. :bang head:

Bryan

I made a very sturdy plug mount for my bike using 1/8th inch thick :aluminum plate cut to the exact size and shape of my license plate extending about 2 1/2 beyond the width of the plate. I use the round 6 pin plug see photo. It is very sturdy and well up and a way from the road spray zone. and can be painted. I will do mine in black.

Mine runs on the outside from underneath the seat, down the fender and out to the trailer connector. When in use, I just zap-tie it to the signal light. When not in use, I un-tie it from the signal light, route it back up the fender, underneath the trunk and zap-tie it to the mounting bracket somewhere. I have the wires all taped and covered with that corrugated plastic wire loom cover.

Steve, you have many good ideas now and I am not suggesting my option is as good as many of these. My option which was how my bike was wired when I bought it is simple and it works surprisingly well for me (now that I have acquired a trailer). My 6 wire connector hangs down about 6 inches between my left saddlebag and my fender. If I want to, I can sort of retract it so it is out of sight.

• 3 months later...

Go to a hardware store and get a plastic wire holder it is flat with a ratcheted hoop on it that is sticky on the flat side about 2 inches they come i black and white, I just put the wire with the plug end in and close, cost $1.14 Plus tax sinnce I have a removable under fender receiver I just stuck it to the main hitch frame out of the way and cant see it when the receiver is off:lightbulb: