IGNORED

Anyone ever use the Lust lowering links?

Guest PlaneCrazy

Guest PlaneCrazy

I was just wondering if anyone has any feedback over THIS lowering kit? I'm also curious why this kit doesn't mention anything about relocating the brake caliper?

I'm interested because these links look well made and even with conversion from the pound and shipping, they still only cost about $72. Less then half what the Baron's kit costs.

I was just wondering if anyone has any feedback over THIS lowering kit? I'm also curious why this kit doesn't mention anything about relocating the brake caliper?

I'm interested because these links look well made and even with conversion from the pound and shipping, they still only cost about $72. Less then half what the Baron's kit costs.

I know nothing about this one, but having had the Baron's kit on a previous RSV and seeing how it worked, I can't see how it is possible to lower it without interfering with the rear brake caliper if it is not relocated. Of course, the ebay item does not say how far it lowers it.....maybe it's only 1/4" and then it wouldn't need a relocation.

They look like the "leveling links" people use to make their bikes handle better at slow speeds, but that these that you show lower the rear of the bike only, thus compounding the maneuverability of the bike instead of making it better..

Its almost like you have to lower the front at the same rate as the rear to bring the 'whole' bike down a little more to make it more comfortable and easier to handle..

Guest PlaneCrazy
They look like the "leveling links" people use to make their bikes handle better at slow speeds, but that these that you show lower the rear of the bike only, thus compounding the maneuverability of the bike instead of making it better..

Its almost like you have to lower the front at the same rate as the rear to bring the 'whole' bike down a little more to make it more comfortable and easier to handle..

Well, they look identical to the links in the baron kit... the baron kit just has that new bracket to reposition the caliper. I'm thinking that I would still need to do that. But now I might just get these links and then have a friend machine me the caliper bracket to save a little money.

My plan is to lower the rear by 1 to 1-1/2" with one of these kits and then lower the the front forks by the same (or a little more) using a progressive spring set and modified spacers.

Well, they look identical to the links in the baron kit... the baron kit just has that new bracket to reposition the caliper. I'm thinking that I would still need to do that. But now I might just get these links and then have a friend machine me the caliper bracket to save a little money.

My plan is to lower the rear by 1 to 1-1/2" with one of these kits and then lower the the front forks by the same (or a little more) using a progressive spring set and modified spacers.

I have caliper reposition bracket listed in the classifieds ,used two weeks them decided to trike.

• 5 years later...

You are absolutely right leveling the Venture makes it handle like a real motorcycle. Yamha missed the boat in having these bikes setup higher in the front forks. Low speed handling is terrible on account of this blunder in their engineering.