IGNORED

Bumb A$$ Award

Maybe...but some folks wouldn't have enough room besides their names for the number of them that they would get. :rotfl:

I guess, you have not been mowing (or anything else), around your pond..... As we have not heard, of anything getting waterlogged, for quite a while.

Though I never forget red switches, I do tend to forget other things.. such as this mag dish I left on my front fender after swapping out windshields and went on a long day ride.. gotta love strong magnets..

Cheers

Wasn't that a collection dish, to scrape up the $$$, for an aftermarket rear shock?????

:stickpoke::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I guess, you have not been mowing (or anything else), around your pond..... As we have not heard, of anything getting waterlogged, for quite a while.

Well, now that my brother in law is living in the guest house, he has done most of the mowing. When I do mow though, I just use the push mower to do a couple of laps around the pond first. :) I came home the other day though and he had BOTH riding mowers stuck in the edge of the pond.

Now if you folks keep telling about the dumb things you have done, I'm going to eventually have to tell my oil change story again. It used to be posted in the "Embarrassing Moments" section but I think it got lost back during the big crash and I never put it back.

I am really surprised that no one,,,, at least until now,,,, no one came up with the correct way to fix this dilemma. Sure your scoot fails and you tear into it, lay it all over the road side, and then you discover, on your own that the kill switch is in the off position,,,,,,, well you make like you found something profound under the seat, get up, reach for the handle bars to try it again and in the process you flip the switch, nobody notices, and you look like a real good mechanic and best of all, the scoots starts and runs better than ever.

Don't know how to get out the 'pond' on the sly though, you'll have to work that one yourself Don.

I'll take one of them there awards :big-grin-emoticon:

Some years back bought a 1977 Honda CB750. Needed some work and then over the pit for inspection and licensing. Got knocked back the first time, so race home, do the necessary adjustments, and "no go"

Dang near re-wired the thing before I noticed I had bumped the kill switch :bang head::bang head:

About 20 years ago I did a charity ride. This was the first group ride I had ever been on. The start was at our provincial legislation building.

Lots of bikes, tv stations covering it and all. I was real impressed with all the action while we were waiting to take off. Turns out I knew the camera guy from one of the tv stations.

All the bikes pull out, I'm about 3/4 the way back.

As we were pulling out into the 1st left turn, I could hear my kick stand flip up. Yep, I was so impressed with all the hoopla, forgot to lift my kick stand up. Did a quick look around and was thankful that no one noticed.

I got home and was watching the 6 oclock news, thats when i realized my buddy the cameraman, did me a favour and made sure I was part of the news coverage. When he filmed the bikes leaving the grounds he used the 1st left turn.

I got to see how a kick stand flips up when you bump it against the ground.

Dang it!

We all do dumb things from time to time....remember our wedding day?...ok, forget I said that.....

But you should reconsider bypassing that kill switch. Its there for a reason. You could find yourself in a bad position (ill leave that to your imaginations) and need to shut the bike down in a hurry and you cant reach the key. Id leave it alone. You sure wont ever forget its there again. :smile5:

We all do dumb things from time to time....remember our wedding day?...ok, forget I said that.....

Speaking of dumb things to say... hehe... I'll betcha dollars to donuts that the missus wasn't within 200 miles of you saying that huh? c'mon, fess up.. we all know who wears the pants in the family..

At least *I* can attest that *I* wear the pants in MY family, thank you very much.. but she tells me what colour to wear each day..

But, I do get the last word in every argument.. it's usually "yes dear"..

Speaking of dumb things to say... hehe... I'll betcha dollars to donuts that the missus wasn't within 200 miles of you saying that huh? c'mon, fess up.. we all know who wears the pants in the family..

At least *I* can attest that *I* wear the pants in MY family, thank you very much.. but she tells me what colour to wear each day..

But, I do get the last word in every argument.. it's usually "yes dear"..

Me too, and I have her permission to say that ;)

• 2 years later...

Patti and I were making our first kinda long trip after getting the 06 RSTD. We were headed from Longview to Vicksburg to eat some crawfish with about 60 of our closest friends on a run, , , , ,

We were riding east on I-20, , , fat and grinning like we knew what we were doing, , ,when the TD started losing power, , , , I twisted the throttle couple times, thinking it might have been the cruise, , , , ,losing more power, , ,about to stop, , ,when I looked at the instrument panel and saw I running on fumes from an empty tank.

Sure was glad that the TD had a reserve setting on the tank, , , ,

I make sure that I keep it with a good reserve now, , , ,Patti had already told me she was NOT pushing, , , , :confused24:

Some threads never die. Why? Because we are all here to support it... forever!

I'm always waiting for my next dumb move. Summers coming. It will happen. :big-grin-emoticon:

The time comes when you catch hitting that kill switch before you quit rolling..... just flip it back on. I promise you will have every car around you moving away as fast as possible. Even better if you have Macs or Jardines.

:225::smile5:

But you should reconsider bypassing that kill switch. Its there for a reason. You could find yourself in a bad position (ill leave that to your imaginations) and need to shut the bike down in a hurry and you cant reach the key. Id leave it alone. You sure wont ever forget its there again. :smile5:

I'm leaving mine there but I'll bet ya it ain't the last time I forget it!!!:snow2: