IGNORED

Alternative to air horn(s)

I will try to add pics, if I can't get it done you should be able to see my installed horns in my gallery. You may want to take a look there anyway.

AFI (Marinco) electric compact twin horns. A marine product, very resistant to adverse weather conditions. Maybe not quite as loud (109 dbA) as Stebel air, but IMO more reliable and from where I mounted 'em they are very effective in projecting the sound forward.

I used 20 amp in-line fuse and 30 amp relay. I disconnected the factory horn hidden in the left lower cowling (it was barely audible from there anyway), and kept the stock factory horn on the right side near the exhaust. Results in three horns, two right out front, and MUCH better than stock.

They are available from many vendors, here is one of the better ones.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Marinco-Mini-Twin-Electric-Horn/dp/B000NI39SY]Amazon.com: Marinco Mini Twin Electric Horn: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Bh8H8FymL.@@AMEPARAM@@41Bh8H8FymL[/ame]

Well, I gotta work on learnin' how to upload pics from my files to here. Sorry. I'll try to post 'em later if I get smart enuff.

• 2 years later...

That has baffled me for about as long as I have been riding on the street (early 70'ish). Why are the horn so enmic sounding on a bike. I swear the stock horn on my 07 Vulcan 900 didnt sound any different than the one that was on a mini trail 50 Honda. OEM on this were atleast audable for 50-100 ft away. But I think with the faceshield up me yelling at the dope was louder. Howz come? I dont own anything that dont have an air horn on it now. Wifes rig has a set of dual trumpets and my 2500 Ram has the same one as the bike now.

The e-flashers are the force field arnt they? Atleast these clowns down here think they are. If its pouring cats and dogs or foggy you cant see a car length in front of you, ya just put the ole flashers on and continue at warp speed and all will stay out of your way.

The e-flashers are the force field arnt they? Atleast these clowns down here think they are. If its pouring cats and dogs or foggy you cant see a car length in front of you, ya just put the ole flashers on and continue at warp speed and all will stay out of your way.

Sounds like the highways here where the oilfield boys "drive" daily. I've been riding in a vehicle that was traveling at 120 km/hour (about 75 mph) and was passed like we were sitting still. The speed limit is 100 Km/h (62 mph).