IGNORED

:( Totaled my 2007 RSV on 24 August 2010 :(

KiteSquid

And I thought I was the only one to abuse a Venture ! so glad you and the misses are ok. Looking at your pictures and remembering what my 06 looked like I can see where they totaled it.

As for the Goldwing, very good choice. I really miss mine (totaled) but I really like my new Victory. As for deals give the dealer (can't remember their name ) in Corinth Ms. a call and ask if he can get an 08, or 09 if you're ok with it. They have the best prices I have found next to my local dealer. And you can't get a deal with them since Brian left. Corinth will beat any price you get from Searcy Arkansas or Russellville Arkansas. I was headed their way when I saw the Victory. Good luck to you !!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea how she got road rash on her arm if she was wearing a jacket? Did the jacket tear, or ride up on her arm thus exposing it?

She did NOT snap the sleeve so it slid up near her elbow.

OUCH!!!!

LESSON LEARNED!!!!!!!

All the gear, all the time.

Frist thing, glad your ok. I hate to hear of any one getting hurt on a bike.

What did they do with the bike? Are you selling it for parts? I ask cause I'd like to get a pillow top seat on my 2000 RSV.

The insurance company is keeping the bike

I dont have the time to rebuild it, or to part it out, so I assume they will sell it off.

This is MrsSquid, masquerading as the Kitesquid.

A couple of you inquired as to the performance of the jacket. I posted a couple of photos to the album mentioned earlier. I cringe every time I see the sleeve, knowing that the Cordura material is a lot more durable than my skin.

As the Mr said, I had a bad tendency to not retighten the arm sleeve hole once I put jacket on, preferring to let just that much more air into my jacket. To make matters worse, I wasn't wearing gloves.

I firmly believe that had I properly tightened the arm hole and worn gloves, most of my road rash would not have happened. I won't make those mistakes again.

I am very happy with the performance of the jacket. I will most likely buy another Olympia jacket. Only this time I might go with a hi-vis color.

Thanks for all the well wishes. BE SAFE!:)

MrsSquid

THANKS ALL

I am picking up a 2010 Gold Wing, Airbag model on Monday, so my bike is getting replaced.

So now to open an accout at the GL1800riders fourm.

I hope to learn as much there about my Gold Wing as I have here on the RSV.

Thanks for letting me play here.

THANKS ALL

I am picking up a 2010 Gold Wing, Airbag model on Monday, so my bike is getting replaced.

So now to open an accout at the GL1800riders fourm.

I hope to learn as much there about my Gold Wing as I have here on the RSV.

Thanks for letting me play here.

Congrats ...If you buy the Hwy pegs go ahead an get the shortest arms you can..here is a link of what Im talking about http://www.texascyclechrome.com/miniarmforergoandergoii.aspx Also watch the accessories you buy and make SURE its for the Airbag model all of regular things will not work on airbag model,but available..Im not recommending above,I just buy there on occasion when in Houston..I rode 110 miles today,short but sweet ride..cant get enough of it..If I were not having a few back issues Id be putting some serious miles on this thing..also when going thru towns dont change to lower gears IF you dont want to,it will pull away with no problem and fast. Willalways love the RSV I had but everyone knows why I switched,some are OK with current but I love gadgets and Technology. Remember also the Speedo is dead on accurate on 2009/10 models. Pulling my Aluma trailer 65 MPH 125 miles,175 trl wgt 150 cargo wgt, 42 MPG..thats taking off easy braking in advance 2 up