I just picked up an 83 venture royale.....can A vmax engine bolt in? the second gear is out and I was wondering if I picked up a good running vmax engine...would I get a bit more powerfull cruiser. I also drive a warmed over Bandit 1200, which is all customed, so I am looking to build a cool ass cruiser now for some highway rockin and rolling.........:12101:

For the most part, yes you can put the 1st gen Vmax in a 1st gen venture frame.

A few problems will be encountered.

The vmax shifter linkage differs from the venture setup, This will be problematic getting to work with the foot pegs.

Carb throttle linkage on the pull cable will need to be reworked, due to height of carbs being higher with V boost.

Choke linkage is different.

Another route is to upgrade the venture engine. There are a number of members here that have used the heads, cams and rear end of a vmax. A few have put the v boost system on.

Gary

You can simply change the Shift Shaft, you also need to exchange the front Coolant Line coming from the Thermostat.

You Course, for an easy Swap, you should use an Engine which is the same Year-Range of the Pick Up Coil. That would be from 85 to -90. If you use a later Engine, you will have to exchange the Pickup Coil or the TCI.

But it's an easy Job, Engine bolts right in.