IGNORED

got 86 venture stripped

tazmocycle

well after 1 1/2 yrs i got the 86 i bought stripped down for a frame swap and re-paint. with help from the brother of a co-worker who want to learn about working on bikes, we got it down to the engine ready to remove from frame. alread found several problems as we took things off. the whole area below battery box is corruded up from acid, need to clean and re paint computer mount, clean and coat wiring blocks with electric gel. found diaphrams in carbs stiff and holes in them, need to order new ones. linkage set-screw between 2 of the carbs was loose and not opening the carbs at the same rate, could have never got them synced right. other than that it's in pretty good shape over-all. i'll have a few spare parts left over, because he gave me 2 extra fake gas tank covers, 1 radio and some other parts i need to find out what there for. the seat is in bad shape as the cover is cracked-up, if anybody has a good one or know where i can get this one re-covered that would work. i'm going to take it to a guy who did some other work for me and see if he can do it reasonable. looking foward to getting it back together and see how it turns out.

whats the differants between a 86 venture rearend and a v-max rearend? i have the whole rearend chunk and drive shaft off a v-max. was going to swap the gears between my royal and thye v-max but may go the other way if it'll help the 86 out. got a lot of young buzzheads running around on crotch rocket flying byball the time, would love to fly by them for a change!!LOL!!