IGNORED

Super tech and Rotella

Guest scarylarry

Guest scarylarry

2 Wally worlds later I found the rotella in the white bottle, quarts not a gallon jug and super tech filter.

This has been or occuring here alot, these are super stores too, was wondering if anyone else was having this problem?

That is one thing that really pisses me off about Wally World. They have something good...you start buying it regularly and bang...they stop stocking it.

Dang...:doh: why did they do that. Motorcraft oil, Westly white wall cleaner in the 1/2 gallon refills, Mobil 1 motorcycle oil, Orange Blast in the half gallon bottle...once in a while you might find one of these items on the shelf...the rest of the time you are wasting it going there after it. IT is like they get you hooked coming in for these products then stop and make you walk over to that area to look everytime you come to the store.

I have about stopped going there anymore. :thumbdown:

That is one thing that really pisses me off about Wally World. They have something good...you start buying it regularly and bang...they stop stocking it.

Dang...:doh: why did they do that. Motorcraft oil, Westly white wall cleaner in the 1/2 gallon refills, Mobil 1 motorcycle oil, Orange Blast in the half gallon bottle...once in a while you might find one of these items on the shelf...the rest of the time you are wasting it going there after it. IT is like they get you hooked coming in for these products then stop and make you walk over to that area to look everytime you come to the store.

I have about stopped going there anymore. :thumbdown:

I think they buy items like that in the truckload at 1 time. They put it in their distribution centers and when they're out, they don't restock the distribution centers, or they try to replace it with a generic brand.

The one here is very poorly run. At any time half the slots for oil are empty.

Sometimes though they've pulled all the Rotella T (conventional or synthetic) to make a big display in the isle or on an end cap. I always double check for that.

FWIW I use the SuperTech 15w40 in the 89. So far real happy with it ($9/gallon).

With Wally World they are really cutting back on shelf stock. I see it everywhere. Less choices and a slow mover, once sold out, disappears. They're only interested in fast movers, or something they can buy at a huge discount, and could care less about customer convenience. If Shell offered them a train load of Rotella at 50% off wholesale, believe me, it would be on the shelf again. In this economy it's a survival game...

I live in Wally World heaven. There are 5 Wally Worlds within 10 miles of my house and 4 Wally Worlds within 5 miles. Some carry all three types of Rotella (white, gray, and blue) by the gal some carry none only quarts and some carry only one type.:confused24:

Guest scarylarry
Lots of Shell Rotella dino oil (white bottle) always available at Sam's stores in this area, both 1 gallon and 3 gallon jugs, for about $9/gallon. I think they even have it in 50 gallon drums, but I don't use quite that much!

Goose

That is what I should have done in the first place, case of 4 one gallon jugs will last most of the summer

I only use the T6 and went to one WM and they were out so I went to anouther and bought 2 and just used the second one this month. I change it every 2500 miles and when it comes out it usually is still in good shape. Cheap preventive maintenance if you ask me. I also get the emgo filter at a MC shop just down the road for 8.95 and change that every time also. Might have to check into the drum of it. Might be the way to go. You know what they say, clean oil is the best oil.

• 2 months later...

I just changed the oil in my bike. WM was out on the rotella 15-40 dino so I went with the DelVac 1300. It was 11 bucks I think. Bike likes it too. I have tryed most of the fleet oils in the bike. They all work well, shifts smoother with the rotella and the DelVac I think. I use the NAPA #4933 oil filter for my 88 each change. The NAPA branded stuff I just drained, did great also. Looked new after 3500 miles on it. I was happy to see very little shaving in the old oil.:happy65:

2 Wally worlds later I found the rotella in the white bottle, quarts not a gallon jug and super tech filter.

This has been or occuring here alot, these are super stores too, was wondering if anyone else was having this problem?

Wally world does not stock a lot of things very deep, so they sell out....

I usually buy my oil and filters at my local Advance Auto Parts store as they give a 10% military discount on EVERYTHING, so the price is close to Wally World, and they will order stuff for me..... guarantying a gallon of T6 will be behind the counter for me when I arrive..... Easy!!!!!!!!!!!

AND the auto parts store is on my daily commute, wally world is a 30 minute drive past SquidAcres so it saves me some gas.