IGNORED

Hmmm, No "D" Ring

wes0778

This morning, got to try out the Nolan X-1002 helmet, Condor so graciously sold me. Fits perfectly and has a lot less wind noise than my HJC IS-Max.

After supper, I made a Wally-World run, on the scoot. When I got there, I had a ":think:" moment. The new helmet has a quick release buckle on the chin strap. In other words, no "D" ring to hook on the helmet lock. So, this time the trunk was empty and I just locked the helmet in there.

How many others here have this predicament? Short of putting your, like this, helmet in the trunk, how do you secure it?:confused24:

Edited by wes0778
grammer

I'm guessing the quick release came stock on the helmet, cause all the ones I installed after market still had the d ring left. Of course I've never secured a helmet I just set it on my cup holder or the seat and been lucky never lost one. Take a look where the femal end of the buckle attaches, there might be a slot area through the webbing were a key ring circle could be inserted which might solve your problem.

This morning, got to try out the Nolan X-1002 helmet, Condor so graciously sold me. Fits perfectly and has a lot less wind noise than my HJC IS-Max.

After supper, I made a Wally-World run, on the scoot. When I got there, I had a ":think:" moment. The new helmet has a quick release buckle on the chin strap. In other words, no "D" ring to hook on the helmet lock. So, this time the trunk was empty and I just locked the helmet in there.

How many others here have this predicament? Short of putting your, like this, helmet in the trunk, how do you secure it?:confused24:

Wes, I had the same problem with the first Nolan. If you put the quick release together and then put the loop over the strap between the helmet and the fat part of the release it'll be secure. The fat part will not go thought the loop. Took me a while to figure this one out. I gotta add that that's what I did on the '83, and so far I haven't had to use the helmet lock on the '99, but if the locks the same way as the '83 it will secure the helmet.

SOLUTION: Go to Whitehorse Gear.com They make a spiffy aluminum bar that goes through the buckle on your Nolan. One end is big enough it will not go through, while the other end had a hole that fits your helmet lock. Slide the bar into position, but the helmet lock through the hole and you're good to go. I carry one for wife and I in a tank bag so they're always handy! (Be SURE to tell 'em you want the ones that work on a Nolan helmet--there are other out there that are too wide to fit Nolan's.

The one's you want are on page 25 of their summer 2010 catalog. Cost is $13.95 or two for $25! Nice folks to do business with too!

Phone is 800 531-1133

Good luck!:2133: