IGNORED

Just wondering how many you folks owned either Royal Star Venture or Tour Deluxe in

FuzzyRSTD

I was just wondering how many of these wonderful bikes you fine people may have owned in all these years. Just to start, I have owned and still do..ONE.

But would like to have a garge full of them :mo money:but..... Sqidley says he has owned 8.. That might be a record. Nothing against other bikes, I was just wondering about the Venture and Tour Deluxe. Thanks....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gory Details

1st Venture was an '84 Blonde bought in '04

Then an '86 Brown

Then a '99 Silver

Then another '99 Silver

Then an '86 Urish Black

Then an '08 Charcoal Silver

Then an '89 Blue

and now a '99 in pieces :scorched:

I would guess that I have well over 100K on all the bikes combined.

Currently a 2006 RSTD Midnight. Felt great from the first time I rode it.

I was between this and an FJR1300 (didn't like the on/off FI) while looking for bikes after a Ten year hiatus from riding with the exception of two fix, ride and sell projects in the interim: 81 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim and 82 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk. Neither of these quite cut it after selling my 1992 ST1100 ABS TCS (in Candy Glory Red, one of Honda's Best Colors) that I owned for 5 years. If I were to get a second bike it would be another ST1100.

Before that I put a bunch of miles on a 78 Yamaha XS750 Special (The Triple) Anyone see the constant???

I learned wrenching and riding on 1974 CL450 Honda and had two of those in Sapphire Blue at one time and also had KZ400LTD.

I know its more than you asked for but it got me to thinking about past rides...

RSTDdog

In '90 I bought an '85 with just under 5k miles on it. I put 162k miles on it. It needs massive plastic, and fairing struts, or turned into a nekkid bike. Power package is still ok.

In May of 2005 I bought a new Midnight. An uninvited visitor from the very south picked it out from under me with just under 10k miles on it. It was totaled, though I wasn't. (Almost but not quite.)

In March of 2006 I bought a new RSV. (Ordered from a rented hospital bed in 11/05.) I didn't really get to ride it (800 miles) until the Fall due to a bone graft. It now has almost 45k miles on it.

I've had 2. Both '89's. Painted one then donated it to be raffled of by the east tennessee DAV. The second one is red or maroon? Anyways, am building the bank acct to upgrade in the spring. Think I want a vtwin. Whatever it is will be paying cash. By the way, the red 89 will be for sale around christmas.

I've owned a '08 charcoal/silver RSTD and now I own a '08 charcoal RSV. Although, with my compulsions to by stuff for the motorcycle, I think it owns me.

:confused07:

Ya, man what a laugh, when I read this. I know that feeling, and you perfectly put it in words.... Thanks ..... Sure a lot of beautiful bikes here to.

I've had 2. Both '89's. Painted one then donated it to be raffled of by the east tennessee DAV. The second one is red or maroon? Anyways, am building the bank acct to upgrade in the spring. Think I want a vtwin. Whatever it is will be paying cash. By the way, the red 89 will be for sale around christmas.

Very nice donation you did 6pak. Thanks from me. Kinda paying it forward you might say.... Have a good day.