Used my carbtune for the first time. 1 & 2 carbs were slightly off. 3 & 4 were even, but there was about 3 difference between the left and right side. Got them adjusted so there all within 1.

I noticed there was a lot of bounce on the needles of 1 & 2. 3 & 4 were very steady. Is there something I can do reduce the bounce? Anyone else have this problem? I never thought of changing sides to see if it was the carbs or the guage, until just now.

In the carbtune manual it said some adjust the carbs at a high idle. Wondering what most do when syncing?

First time I used mine,,,, I didn't read the manual.

I neglected to include the reducer thingies.

(The part where you cut off a few inches of hose and insert the reducers to reduce the jump.) It was hell trying to watch the action.

If you already did that,,,,,,nevermind.

Mike G in SC

Like what Mike said above . You have to have the plastic reducers put in line for each meter and then all bounce will go away.

This reducer tube came with the unit.I can not remember if it was one piece and you have to cut it into four pieces or not can not remember. That's what happens when you get this old.LOL

Just cut the main line like Mike stated and insert inline .

Hope this helps

:biker:

Just did mine for first time,a lot of bounce if the idle is low.I increased the idle until the bounce settled out.It didn't take much,worked great after that.

Did you turn up the idle or use the throttle? If you did turn up the idle where is the adjustment? Looks like i might need to get a tach if you did the first.

I think the unit is set up right. I cut 4 inches off each of the tubes. Cut the clear reducer tube into 4 equal lengths and put them in. I put the 4 inch reduced side of the hose to the bike and the other to the carbtune. Only two on the left side (1 & 2) were erratic.

Thanks

Did you turn up the idle or use the throttle? If you did turn up the idle where is the adjustment? Looks like i might need to get a tach if you did the first.

I think the unit is set up right. I cut 4 inches off each of the tubes. Cut the clear reducer tube into 4 equal lengths and put them in. I put the 4 inch reduced side of the hose to the bike and the other to the carbtune. Only two on the left side (1 & 2) were erratic.

Thanks

I'm sure he adjusted the idle. The idle screw is on the right side (as you sit on the bike) just above and slightly forward of the right rear cylinder. It's a black thumb screw with a philips head in the middle. It should be fairly close to the bottom of the tank.

I'm sure he adjusted the idle. The idle screw is on the right side (as you sit on the bike) just above and slightly forward of the right rear cylinder. It's a black thumb screw with a philips head in the middle. It should be fairly close to the bottom of the tank.

Thanks Mark. Looks like I need to get a tach. Is it the man with the most tools before he dies wins?:thumbsup2:

You really shouldn't need a tach. Just increase the idle ever so slightly while doing the carbtune, then set it back down when done.

Use the philips "Star" to tell how much you turn it up then reduce it back to the same place it was before you adjusted it.

Unless you really WANT to get a new tool! :Bunny: