IGNORED

Thanks Monty and Ponch/gauges

Guest scarylarry

Guest scarylarry

I just installed the gauges this past week, it took me 3 nights to complete I get home around midnight and would work on it for a couple hrs each night..

Turn out great I did have a small leak at the temp. probe I took very lightly coat of teflon and coated the threads, was careful not to get any on the end of the fitting.

Not real crazy about teflon tape, that is from my personal experience..

Monty show me a trick on mounting the gauges and it remove the room for error on the alignment, take a vise grip and clamp it in place drill and screw in place no need to remove and allow for errors..

Also the dremel tool I think was the best for cutting easy to guide and less room for a real problem

They are one the neatest gadgets going...

I just installed the gauges this past week, it took me 3 nights to complete I get home around midnight and would work on it for a couple hrs each night..

Turn out great I did have a small leak at the temp. probe I took very lightly coat of teflon and coated the threads, was careful not to get any on the end of the fitting.

Not real crazy about teflon tape, that is from my personal experience..

Monty show me a trick on mounting the gauges and it remove the room for error on the alignment, take a vise grip and clamp it in place drill and screw in place no need to remove and allow for errors..

Also the dremel tool I think was the best for cutting easy to guide and less room for a real problem

They are one the neatest gadgets going...

About time you got that project done :whistling:

I had the same problem on the temp gauge, so I used liquid tape, fixed the problem.

Guest scarylarry
About time you got that project done :whistling:

I had the same problem on the temp gauge, so I used liquid tape, fixed the problem.

Was going to a be a winter project but the temps so hot and so bored when I get home started sooner..

Guest scarylarry
Why would you think that? I don't mind at all. :)

Maker's Mark....YECCCCCCHHHHH! :smilies6:

I know but it was free and I see why........Hey makes a great injection cleaner..

Why would you think that? I don't mind at all. :)

Maker's Mark....YECCCCCCHHHHH! :smilies6:

they do put it in a pretty bottle.

I really thought that stuff was lubricant ! I found it really was, cause once you had enough you find yourself sliding to the floor.

:whistling:

Those that install these gauges would be best served if they stuck the temp end in boiling water. I had one installed (last year) and it read 230-250 degrees when running. I bought another temp gauge and before installing it I checked it with the hot water and it said that boiling water was 190 degrees. So I got another and it was correct. :2cents:

Ponch did a great job with these kits and I am proud to have one on my RSMV.:clap2:

:farmer: