IGNORED

Followed and Oil Slick as it was being made

juggler

Was following a Harley on I35W South in Minneapolis yesterday and the front of my car got covered in oil. Dudes bike was pouring oil out bad. His passengers right leg and foot was soaked in oil. Best part, they were clueless about the massive oil leak. I supposed I could have let them keep riding till the engine seized up, but then they could have wrecked. So we alerted them to the oil spill they were creating and they pulled off the road. How do you not notice that your leg is getting soaked in hot oil?

I'm glad I was not on the bike. I didn't feeling like changing the oil in my hair just yet.:think:

:usa::biker::checkeredflag:

I was behind a young guy on a sport bike the other day. At a stop I saw nylon all the way around his rear tire. Tried to get his attention but was a two lane road. So I followed him the extra mile till he pulled into a gas station. I pulled next to him and politely told him. He said, "yeah thanks, I was too hard on the rear brake the other day."

Well, I guess you chalk that up to young and stupid (and no helmet on a wreck-a-waiting). Hope he grows past young, but I don't think he can get past stupid.

Sad thing is, just blocks away from that are still fresh skid marks from another 21 year old on a rocket, no helmet, who lost it into a guard rail. He didn't get past young.

Mike G in SC

Good biker you are for letting him know.

To clear things up a little, not all Harley's leak oil either...and I know that was not implied in your post, but some may take it that way.

I know of a few Yamaha's that leaked oil..ain't that right Dragonrider....:whistling::rasberry:

Pulled into one of our regular gas stations/rest stops on our ride last weekend (the Chevron at Princeton for those who know the area) and parked beside one of the many Harleys there. Right away I noticed something dripping from underneath it. I asked one of the guys hanging around chatting who's bike it was and then informed him of the drip. He said "yeah, I know... I overfilled the gas..." OK, so here's his bike, parked in a stall which is asphalt, dripping gas (and we all know what gas does to asphalt)... we spent about 20 minutes there and it was still dripping when we left. Obviously he either didn't know what gas does to asphalt or he didn't care... I suspect the latter. Talk about stoooopid!

but...unfortunately like most people, his attitude was probably...."yeah...but its not MY asphalt!"

boy, ain't that the truth.

I wish many more folks would keep in mind, that, as a business incurrs costs, it is passed onto the customer. I take care of someone else's property cause i know what it takes to keep things up plus i don't want to pay extra next time i come around due to upkeep costs going up.