IGNORED

Cassette Deck vs?

Mikepp

I have a 2008 venture and would like to get rid of my cassette deck and install what? I don't want to stock cds in the bike but I suppose if I have to I would. I would prefer a USB hook up to plug in an Ipod. Is there anything like that available ? Tks.

:crying::crying::crying: I dont have a tape Player:crying::crying::crying:

So i just plug in my MP3. or my phone and use Pandora's internet radio or some times i use IHEARTRADIO. and suffer through with a very:big-grin-emoticon:

dray

I have a 2008 venture and would like to get rid of my cassette deck and install what? I don't want to stock cds in the bike but I suppose if I have to I would. I would prefer a USB hook up to plug in an Ipod. Is there anything like that available ? Tks.

I was going to say that alot of guys have just plugged in their MP3 players to the AUX jack on the cassette player. It works fine and is very easy to do.

I guess your using Ipod's and they have a different plug?

Like - I sat on a band new Venture in the show room yesterday..... on sale for 17 plus plus plus.

Can anyone tell me why in the name of all that is known to man WHY does Yamaha put a tape deck in the flippin thing.... Like can you guys buy cassets, I have not seen a tape sold in 5 years in Canada.

It would take over 20,000 $ to roll that thing out of the show room..... and it has a tape deck!

Like - I sat on a band new Venture in the show room yesterday..... on sale for 17 plus plus plus.

Can anyone tell me why in the name of all that is known to man WHY does Yamaha put a tape deck in the flippin thing.... Like can you guys buy cassets, I have not seen a tape sold in 5 years in Canada.

It would take over 20,000 $ to roll that thing out of the show room..... and it has a tape deck!

Remember, this is 1999 technology and won't change until a 3rd. gen tourer comes out, if ever. Tape decks were hot items in 99.

A lot of gas stations and truck stops carry cassettes as do the odd music store... Yes in BC :63:

Can anyone tell me why in the name of all that is known to man WHY does Yamaha put a tape deck in the flippin thing...

Have no idea if it is true but makes sense to me. A guy I know said Yamaha bought a ton of tape deck units from Clarion. I guess they are determined to use ever last one of them until the supply is used up.

He said Toyota did the same thing in their cars but as soon as the tape deck era was over, they dumped their supply for cd players.

There comes a time when you just need to cut your losses.

Guest scarylarry
Have no idea if it is true but makes sense to me. A guy I know said Yamaha bought a ton of tape deck units from Clarion. I guess they are determined to use ever last one of them until the supply is used up.

He said Toyota did the same thing in their cars but as soon as the tape deck era was over, they dumped their supply for cd players.

There comes a time when you just need to cut your losses.

I disagree, I don't think they have a clue what to put there so they still use tape decks... Kinda like if ain't broke don't fix it:crackup::crackup:

hello

i use a ipod touch and love the best thig i have ever used i took the cassit out and made it a storage box i keep a kick stan boot with a string in it so when i hevr to park where i need one i have

bumble bee

hello

i use a ipod touch and love the best thig i have ever used i took the cassit out and made it a storage box i keep a kick stan boot with a string in it so when i hevr to park where i need one i have

bumble bee

Good grief, were you typing with your toes while pounding a beer?:rotf:

I am working on a CD emulator that will plug in the back of the cassette or radio, and be controllable with the handle bar control like the CD, and should emulate 9 CD's with 99 songs each,,, I hope that is if I ever get the proto-type ,,:confused24: Should have gotten it two weeks ago. It will use an SD card or USB stick.

I checked out both ipods and mp3s today and they both have an output to speakers which requires a 3.5mm jack. Now if I plug this jack from either an ipod or mp3 player into the cassette deck input, it should work right and I will get it on my bike speakers??

I checked out both ipods and mp3s today and they both have an output to speakers which requires a 3.5mm jack. Now if I plug this jack from either an ipod or mp3 player into the cassette deck input, it should work right and I will get it on my bike speakers??

Yes, you need a double male end jack. Plug one end on the bike and the other to the Mp3 player.

Here is the one I use right now. It's highly rated and cheap!

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/sandisk-sansa-clip-4gb/4505-6490_7-33770002.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;1r

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Clip-Player-Blue/dp/B002MAPSC6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1281150430&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Blue): Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/315mw4PD6PL.@@AMEPARAM@@315mw4PD6PL[/ame]