IGNORED

Slip on mufflers

fulkster

Besides the modified Road King mufflers, what is a good slip on for the RSV. I think I have it narrowed down between Samson Slash cuts or Baron exhaust. One style of the Baron exhaust... looking at the back of the bike you would see two pipes under each saddle bag. As with anything they are a little pricey, especially when you add the exhaust tips. If anyone uses these or is familiar with them, let me know.

Thanks

The Khrome werks are a nice choice too. As Freebird has said before he likes them too but he went back to stocks and I put on the RK muffs. I have a new set $300 if you are interested. Here on Long Island the cops bust our shoes for anything other than stock so I put on the RK and drilled them to get a stock look. The Khrome Werks have a nice deep sound and roar. New they are 395 and the tips( these have the taper on them but there are other options) are 25 each. I just want 300 and shipping. If you are interested let me know PM

Guest BluesLover

Hey Scott - I happen to have a set of Khrome Werks mufflers on my "wish list".

Can you tell me ... how easy it to replace the stock with the Khrome Werks? Now ... remember ... you're talking to a total "klutz".

Cheers,

BluesLover, Changing the Muffs is very easy. All you need to do is take off the saddlebag which is very easy. 4 allen key bolts and the box lifts right off. Next you tale out the 14mm bolt the holds the back of the muff and then loosen the 12mm bolt up at the front of the muff. Pull straight back. slide on the new one and tighten the bolts. Put the box back on and away you go. Both sides the same. The muff only have 400 mi on them. Cops were busting my shoes because they weren't Stock. Here we get a 750 dol ticket. Sucks, I loved the sound but someone else will benefit. PM me if you are interested. Not even a scratch on them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest eric the red

If you are looking for loud, go with the Barons....I have had mine on for a season, love the sound, and the chrome is extremely well done as well.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the good tips guys:stirthepot:

Will be passing all on to Bob. The point in adjusting the air screws as soon as the warranty is done is that Yamaha have them set at about 1/2 to 1 turn off the seat to help them through the emissions process. You will find the motor livelier when adjusted, slip ons or stock, please note was not contemplating jet changes.

Bet Bob will be after my spare Max heads/cams and carbs soon.:225:

Thanks John:detective:

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed my Samson slip-ons...they look great and sound even better!!! The mufflers were easy to put on but...... those d**n saddle bags are a pain in the butt to remove!!!!!!!!!! The driver's side bag came off easy but the passanger side...well it never did come off. Bottom line is the job is done and the end result is great!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know where I can here a sound bite from a RSTD/VENTURE that have these pipe on them

I have a 06 RSTD and looking to install a set of

samson (slash-cut slip ons)

or Baron's Nasty Boy Bag Slash slip-on pipes

but i like to hear them before I deside,.

Does anyone know which of them is LOUDER?

I never did find a sound bite for the pipes you are talking about. Just from conversations and postings on here I came to the conclusion that the Barons were pretty loud. I put the Samson slash cuts on my 00 RSV last week and it sounds great!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

i have the samspson slash cuts and i love them thay where on my 99 rsv when i got it i have read where some members say there two loud but i dont think so it is each to there own i have gotton good comments from people that say when i leve the bike sound great hope you like what you go with

kevin wisor

1999 rsv

jax fl

Changing the mufflers wont void the warrenty will it? I have the factory 5 year and would hate to void it by changing out the muffler and maybe doing the air/fuel mixture adjustment.

If youre worried about warranty, the only person who can answer that will be your dealer. You may have to buy the mufflers through him and pay him to install them to keep the warranty.