IGNORED

Biker Deaths NC

TDunc

One in Raleigh, one in Union County and one in CLT

The Raleigh one was biker caused... 84 in a 45 and lost it. The telephone pole won.

Driver of the SUV has not been Charged...

Say a prayer for all concerned.

Motorcyclist killed in southwest Charlotte crash

Posted: Jul 29, 2010 2:37 PM EDT Updated: Jul 29, 2010 8:28 PM EDT

http://WBTV.images.worldnow.com/images/static/gfx/c_fv_tl.gif

http://wbtv.images.worldnow.com/images/12893680_BG1.jpg

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Police in southwest Charlotte investigated a deadly motorcycle crash in the Steele Creek area Thursday afternoon.

The crash happened at the intersection of South Tryon and York Center Road around 1:38 p.m.

CMPD reports that Cassandra Stanley was attempting to turn onto York Center Drive from northbound South Tryon St. Stanley crossed in the path of a 2005 Yahama motorcycle which was traveling southbound on South Tryon. The motorcycle struck the small SUV that Stanley was driving and the rider was thrown approximately 30 feet onto the roadway.

The driver of the motorcycle, who has not been identified, died as a result of their injuries at Carolinas Medical Center.

Stanley and her passenger were not injured in the crash.

Copyright 2010 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Edited by TDunc

Please keep me updated on the situation with the charges being filed against the SUV driver. The AMA works on legislation to get us "equal" footing in cases like this;i.e. driver of a cage gets the same charges in wrongful death of a motorcyclist as one in another cage.

Thanks

POLELDAR

Gotta to tell you. I moved here to Charlotte on 1 July and I do not like riding in the Charlotte area at all. I have seen the worst driving habits in the area than I have ever seen anywhere else, and I have driven in all 50 states and a good many of the provinces as well. Not to bash anyone fron NC but when it comes to riding here I do so with an extreme sense of alertness. I also run one gear lower that I need to so I can make a quicker get out of the way or a faster engine slow down.

Still no news regarding charges.

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Police have released the name of a motorcyclist who was struck and killed by a SUV in southwest Charlotte Thursday afternoon.

Dolores Liddick was thrown 30 feet from her motorcycle. She died in Carolinas Medical Center shortly after the crash.

The accident happened around 1:38 p.m. at the intersection of South Tryon Street and York Center Drive.

According to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, Liddick was hit by a 2002 Honda CR-V driven by Cassandra Stanley.

Stanley was attempting to turn onto York Center Drive from the northbound lane of South Tryon Street.

Police say Stanley crossed into the path of the motorcyclist who was traveling southbound on South Tryon Street.

Stanley and her passenger, Theressa Hoover, were not injured in the crash.

Copyright 2010 WBTV. All rights reserved.