IGNORED

New Venture Rider

BrileyR

Hello from Mechanicsburg, Ohio!!

I just bought an 87' Royale, and recently found this board, and reading all I can about the bike. I'm really enjoying riding the Venture, I had an 86' Honda Shadow that I rebuilt, and had a blast with, but it was a bit small for me so I sold it and got the Venture. Here are a couple of pics...

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab243/BriRit/3975d084.jpg

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab243/BriRit/f6bafb2b.jpg

I got a good deal on the bike, but it does need some TLC and cleaning, some plastic is cracked or broken and I already repaired the CLASS. I've racked up $700 in new parts and have been slowly putting them on and checking the bike mechanicly as well. I haven't started to clean it up yet as all of my time has been spent wrenching, but it should clean up nicely. It runs really strong, and the previous owner had a bunch of maintenance items done before he sold it.

I'm sure I will have tons of questions, and hopefully contribute a bit as well.

Later, Briley.

Welcome to the site Briley, we're glad to have you. If you've already checked us out, you KNOW this is like Hotel California- you can check out any time you want, but you can NEVER leave!

Great work on the rehab, I totally rebuilt my 84 a couple of years ago, it's the only way to go if you don't want to worry about your new steed. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, we'll try to be honest with our answers! Looking forward to meeting you sometime, you have a lot of members over there in Ohio to ride with. Set up a little Meet & Eat with a DQ involved, you never know who might show up!

Dan

Welcome to the family. Looks good and don't hesitate to ask any questions. You'll get plenty of answers. Since you live in OH you'll have to make the annual maintenance day next year. The date hasn't been selected yet so keep an eye out. It'll be in Oberlin at Freebirds house (the big boss here). Check out the meet and eat section and the rally section for stuff going on that you may be able to make. Great way to meet folks on here.

Good luck with your new bike. Have plenty of safe and fun miles with her.

Margaret

Hey Briley,

Welcome to the site! I have an 87'VR myself and have had a great time making it a "one of a kind" scoot. I have attached a few pics of my 87'VR. If you have any questions or need parts, please feel free to PM me!

Nice bike, by the way,

Earl

LEFT SIDE LOUVER.jpg

RT. SIDE LOUVER 2.jpg

Welcome to the site, you will find everyone very helpful here if you have any questions about the maintenance of your bike and they can't be answered on here, then there is no answer.

Visit often.

Ian

Hey Briley,

Welcome to the site! I have an 87'VR myself and have had a great time making it a "one of a kind" scoot. I have attached a few pics of my 87'VR. If you have any questions or need parts, please feel free to PM me!

Nice bike, by the way,

Earl

86 is the best year.

Thanks for the welcome!!

Drove my cage to work today for the first time in 2 weeks:( since the entire rear end is off the bike being checked over and lubing the final drive and shaft, deglazing brake rotor, replacing pads, cleaning chrome and rear wheel, chopping down the rear crash bars (pics later), and replacing a saddle bag that had on hole in it. The info on this site has helped to make working on the bike much easier.

I'm thinking of turning this into a "Sport" version of the Venture, new paint, paint the wheels, get rid of some of the extras to drop the weight, and maybe some extra power.:thumbsup2:

Skydoc, nice bike!! I may take you up on the parts, I'm finding a lot of things that need replaced, and I'm running out of money fast! :shock3:

Later.

• 2 years later...

hello all... I just picked up a 2006 royal star on Saturday and love the bike. I am having a bit of a problem with slow speed turns more so right turns than left. it may just be me and I am practicing. my question is are there little tips on how to handle my baby better. lenny

Welcome Lenny. Hope you stay around and share your travels. As for your question, I think the main solution for many has been leveling links on rear. I installed them and felt it helped me considerably. I believe there's someone on here who builds them. Look around and I think you'll find so many helpful folks you'll be forever clicking the TY button.

Hi Lenny!

You have stumbled on one of the very few downsides of the RSV, they are top heavy and low speed maneuvering is a bit of a bear! As mentioned leveling links help out the situation somewhat, there are am few other tricks out there as well, but I trike'd my RSV a couple of years ago so I forgot them.

Welcome aboard!

Lenny,

The venture is top heavy. With experience you will get used to the handling. what kind of tires do yo have? I replaced my OEM tires with Venoms and noticed improved handling.

Question for Freebird if he's monitoring the posts today. How does a post from yesterday get attached to a thread from 2010?:confused07:

How does a post from yesterday get attached to a thread from 2010?:confused07:

Not da boss but easy to explain. You'll run across it all the time. When someone is searching the forums or just crusing for info the dates are not relevent. Once someone finds the info they what it pulls up everying in the date files. The info that the searching user ends up with might be today, last week or years ago. I've run across threads were amost every poster was expired.

That data resource is what makes it so easy to find information. It's all there, or at least the last several years worth.

Glad the site has better memory than I do.