IGNORED

Trip to Yellowstone

murph35640

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about high altitude riding. I'm glad I won't have to mess with the carbs.

I have to agree with everyone, the Beartooth is an awesome ride. When we were there last year the road was under construction and a good portion of it was gravel, it should be alot more fun this year, with some good blacktop.

I would also recomend getting the national parks pass. It's $80 but we paid for it just going thru' Jellystone. It's twenty bucks per vehicle every time you go thru. We kinnd of based out of Cody and from there you have to go thru' the park to get anywhere west or north. If you're over 60 (I think) then the pass is really cheap. I'm thinking it's about 10 or 20 bucks. The only thing is that you can't buy it online, you have to go to a park office to buy it.

And do the Going To The Sun Highway going from west and east, that puts the edge of the road on your' right for better views!

... We kinnd of based out of Cody and from there you have to go thru' the park to get anywhere west or north. ...

While I do think the pass can be a good deal, Irene and I went north out of Cody and took the Chief Joseph to 212. That took us to Cooke City or down the Beartooth to Red Lodge without going through the park.