IGNORED

Neck wraps

Monty

I don't know about the neck wraps, but there are a couple of ladies who have come up with something called a "COOL POUCH" that they sell in specialty tennis shops in the Eastern U.S. and Canada. It's made of terry cloth and you put ice in it and hang it around your neck. Cost is $19.95.They are from Knoxville,Tn. They sell them at Jaws Swim Shop and Ceader Bluff Racquet Club. Also online at www.coolpouch.com . You might check them out if you don't find the other.

Check the VR merchandise ! Call Big Tom , I'm sure if you buy him a scoop of ice cream , he can get them to you by Friday.

I see them in just about every bike shop and sporting goods stores. The ones I had a MD, I got from Rolling Thunder at which they were giving them away for free. I must have had about 50 of them, but gave them out to anyone whom needed them being they cost me zilch......... Here is a link to get them cheap HERE . They have a warehouse in western SC. I would call them personally via phone to order. Their close enough to get to you in time and cost effective. Not knowing how many you need , you can buy 1 or in bulk.

BEER30

Edited by BEER30

I highly recommend you wash it first..even if it is brand new...

If not you will have the color of it bleed into your shirt..

Ask me how I know...

Why Eck , Did not enjoy being a Redneck .....or was it Orange neck?

Monty--You were just a shipsee,they were all around the fle market.

You must not have been paying attention. :no-no-no: :stickpoke:

We didn't go, remember? We stayed back and went to the beach.

Thanks for all the replies.

I have tried those things and find them too bulky and they don't cover enough area.

I use a large polishing rag I have had in my bikes trunk. It is soft and large enough, I fold it in a triangle, then just twirl it like you were going to use it to snap someone's behind! then soak in cold water and wrap it around my neck and just let the long ends go straight down the front of my chest under my shirt. I find this stays wet for a long time (more than an hour easily coming back from STAR days in near 100 degree heat) when my wife's neck cooler was totally dry and it didn't do anything for the front, only the back of the neck.

Secret is to use a cloth MUCH larger than a typical bandana. they are too thin and too small to hold enough water. Use a thicker cotton cloth at least 2-3 times the size of a bandana.