IGNORED

Tell City, Indiana

ragtop69gs

Get on 66 and follow the Ohio River Road signs. The Overlook restaurant is in Leavenworth. Well worth a stop for both the view and the food. Emery's ice cream parlor is in Corydon near the court house if you can catch it open. Also in Leavenworth there's The Dock restaurant. Not as fancy as The Overlook, but it's right on the river and the frog legs are good.

There's also 145. 37, particularly north of I 64 to Paoli. 150 heads over to West Baden Springs. There's a resort there that's well worth the look for the outrageous architecture. Nice garden too.

When are you going to be there? Irene and I are planning a Meet & Eat around Brown County for August (just have to post a date) and possibly one in the Corydon area for September.

Get on 66 and follow the Ohio River Road signs. The Overlook restaurant is in Leavenworth. Well worth a stop for both the view and the food. Emery's ice cream parlor is in Corydon near the court house if you can catch it open. Also in Leavenworth there's The Dock restaurant. Not as fancy as The Overlook, but it's right on the river and the frog legs are good.

We are working right on 66. Do we head east or west ? How far is Leavenworth from Tell City ?

There's also 145. 37, particularly north of I 64 to Paoli. 150 heads over to West Baden Springs. There's a resort there that's well worth the look for the outrageous architecture. Nice garden too.

When are you going to be there? Irene and I are planning a Meet & Eat around Brown County for August (just have to post a date) and possibly one in the Corydon area for September.

We are going to Bedford Sunday night to work 1 day there then down to Tell City either Mon. night or Tues. We'll be in Tell City the rest of the week, working at the Wal-Mart in town converting the Kids fun center into a cell phone store. We will try to ride a different route everyday after work. If you need an excuse to ride, stop by the store or call if you have time.

If you are coming back, there are numerous good roads in the Tell City area. A good share you have been told by Bummer but there are many more. North of Tell City, left turn onto SR 145, take it to Birdseye, turn right on SR 64 go East to SR 37 that you can follow South back to Tell City. Takes about 1 and a half hours and for eating stop at Swartz Family Rest. (Amish) just south of SR 64 and Sr 37, on 37. Just east of Wall Mart on 66 is the Patio, good eats and an excellent buffet. Other end of Tell City (west) Bill and Dave's BBQ is another good eat. It sits right behind the Sportsman's Bar which is right on SR 37. If you go East on 66 out of Tell City, pass through Cannelton, then about 3 miles you will see Cannelton Locks and Dam. I run the Locks and Dam. Feel free to stop in and ask to see the Lockmaster. I can give you a quick explanation of what it is and what we do. Starting the week of 16th of Aug we will be closing the Visitor Center because of Industrial maintenance going on, but if your through prior to that feel free to stop.

If you are coming back, there are numerous good roads in the Tell City area. A good share you have been told by Bummer but there are many more. North of Tell City, left turn onto SR 145, take it to Birdseye, turn right on SR 64 go East to SR 37 that you can follow South back to Tell City. Takes about 1 and a half hours and for eating stop at Swartz Family Rest. (Amish) just south of SR 64 and Sr 37, on 37. Just east of Wall Mart on 66 is the Patio, good eats and an excellent buffet. Other end of Tell City (west) Bill and Dave's BBQ is another good eat. It sits right behind the Sportsman's Bar which is right on SR 37. If you go East on 66 out of Tell City, pass through Cannelton, then about 3 miles you will see Cannelton Locks and Dam. I run the Locks and Dam. Feel free to stop in and ask to see the Lockmaster. I can give you a quick explanation of what it is and what we do. Starting the week of 16th of Aug we will be closing the Visitor Center because of Industrial maintenance going on, but if your through prior to that feel free to stop.

I'll try and fit in the rides you mentioned. We passed the Locks twice, even turned around and went up the senic overlook to get a better view but when we saw that we had to walk out to see them, we just kept riding, it was too darn hot and humid for a walk :confused24: . I'd love to get a close up and brief lesson on how it all works, Thanks for the offer. If I do go back it will be the 8th or 9th.