IGNORED

Biker killed

emtdouggood

A 53-year-old Argos man died early Saturday morning after a car crashed into his motorcycle on U.S. 31, , south of 11th Road

The Marshall County Sheriff’s Department identified the Argos man as Kenneth Nettrouer.

Witnesses told police Christian Chacon, 21, of Granger, was driving a 1987 BMW 325 at a high rate of speed as he passed three vehicles, just before the crash.

There was patchy fog in the area at the time of the crash. Police said Chacon drove into the back of Nettrouer’s 2007 Honda Shadow 750 motorcycle, throwing him.

The force of the collision caused Chacon’s car to roll over, stopping when righted itself on its wheels.

Plymouth EMS responded to the scene. Nettrouer was flown by Samaritan helicopter to Memorial Hospital in South Bend, where he later died, according to a police news release issued early Saturday afternoon.

Chacon was arrested on several charges, police said.

(will we ever learn to slow down)

A 53-year-old Argos man died early Saturday morning after a car crashed into his motorcycle on U.S. 31, , south of 11th Road

The Marshall County Sheriff’s Department identified the Argos man as Kenneth Nettrouer.

Witnesses told police Christian Chacon, 21, of Granger, was driving a 1987 BMW 325 at a high rate of speed as he passed three vehicles, just before the crash.

There was patchy fog in the area at the time of the crash. Police said Chacon drove into the back of Nettrouer’s 2007 Honda Shadow 750 motorcycle, throwing him.

The force of the collision caused Chacon’s car to roll over, stopping when righted itself on its wheels.

Plymouth EMS responded to the scene. Nettrouer was flown by Samaritan helicopter to Memorial Hospital in South Bend, where he later died, according to a police news release issued early Saturday afternoon.

Chacon was arrested on several charges, police said.

(will we ever learn to slow down)

Wow - right in my backyard. I betcha I know the med team that tried to fix that biker - my wife will get more hell from her nurse clients again. How in the hell do you hit anyone from behind at that speed - fog or not - you know that 21YO was texting, or drunk, or both - ya just know it! :mad:

...Police said Chacon drove into the back of Nettrouer’s 2007 Honda Shadow 750 motorcycle, throwing him.

having just been rear-ended by by a young guy in a hurry, using a left turn lane for a passing lane, this is very sobering. if there hadn't been another vehicle between me and the stupid fart, I may well have been airlifted to the hospital. Driving is one of the most dangerous things people do on an ongoing basis.

I add my prayers for the biker's family.