In my old hot roddin days, I used to carry what was referred to as my "Holly hammer". I used this to hit my Holly carb when the float stuck and this is what you are experiencing. What you probably have is a small piece of debris in the valve seat. You may be able to get it loose by pecking on the float bowl ar you might have to drain the carb and with the needle away from the seat, it may flush the seat clean or you may can use a strong dose of Sea Foam to break it loose. If all that fails, you can take the carbs off and give all of them a good cleaning, especially in the pilot jet area.

There is a bit more data available on some of things I have mentioned if you do some carb searches. Not the end of the world, just some work. Just keep us posted and we may be able to help you.

Oh, and what are you meaning by the "jet needle hole"? Usually, fuel will come out of the overflow hose.

RandyA

I battled the same thing for a while... and sometimes the fuel would come out of the overlfow, others not so much.

If you can't get the bowl drain screw loose (mine were good and wrecked by one of the many previous owners), shut the gas off at the tank and run the bike for a few minutes to get the fuel level down in the bowls. I then removed the fuel line to the carb in question and shot a good blast of carb cleaner (not super strong stuff but the generic spray carb cleaner) directly into it. That did the trick for me.

While your carb bowls are empty/lower, you might want to try filling them with Seafoam and letting it sit overnight. I disconnected the fuel line at the pump (incoming), attached another line and put it in the Seafoam can. Turn the key on to let the pump suck the Seafoam into the bowls until they are full (should hear the clicking stop).

Good luck !

PS: You might want to check your fuel filter too...