IGNORED

Biker down broke leg

footsie

This morning my buddy Bobby went down, a guy in a truck pull out in frount of him, he managed to dodge the truck but lost control of his Electra Glide and went down, right leg broken just below the knee and just above the ankle, both bones tibula and fibula.

No other injuries, was taken to Tifton hospital and then transfered hughston medical, he did not want a rod in his leg but I think he going to have one.

The part that really got us was the trooper said because there was no contact between the vehicles that there was no evidence that the guy( one of the othropedic surgeons who the trooper knows)pulling out in frount on him caused Bobby to crash, it appeared to him the Bobby just lost control and dropped his bike. The insurance companies could sort it out. He just was not going to right anyone at fault.

A""hole.

Gregg

the guy( one of the othropedic surgeons who the trooper knows)pulling out in frount on him

Orthopedic surgeon, eeeeh. Must be trying to drum up business, huh? :duck:

Sorry to hear about this. Hope he gets it all worked out and doesn't get screwed!

I hate to hear that, Hope Bobby heals quick and fully.

I learned that lesson in my first year of having a drivers license.

If you crash and there was no contact then you simply over controlled and crashed. You can then be cited for failure to maintain control.

Ya gots to get a piece of the pinhead that is causing you to crash, It is hard to do that on 2 wheels, in the cage I can guaranty that I will get a piece of the bozo.

I hate to hear that, Hope Bobby heals quick and fully.

I learned that lesson in my first year of having a drivers license.

If you crash and there was no contact then you simply over controlled and crashed. You can then be cited for failure to maintain control.

Ya gots to get a piece of the pinhead that is causing you to crash, It is hard to do that on 2 wheels, in the cage I can guaranty that I will get a piece of the bozo.

I keep saying that. I have dodged a bunch that I should have taken "Out" and I say next time you #*+**!!. And next time I dodge them again!!! I think I remember what can happen when you do Get a Piece of them. Tell Bobby good luck on the rod. It would be great to avoid it.

if someone cuts you off, or swerves into your lane, causing you to avoid and crash without contact....its NOT their fault?

I could see that being the case if there are no witnesses....because how would you prove it?

BUT someone ususally sees it! Wouldn't witnesses convict them, and more importantly....lay the liability on them?

if someone cuts you off, or swerves into your lane, causing you to avoid and crash without contact....its NOT their fault?

I could see that being the case if there are no witnesses....because how would you prove it?

BUT someone ususally sees it! Wouldn't witnesses convict them, and more importantly....lay the liability on them?

It does not work that way. Regardless of wether you struck the vehicle or not . Wether there were witnesses or not. All the drive has to say is. Gee I didn't even see him , and he is off the hook.:bang head:

Drunk that crossed lanes and hit me head-on (no Wittness) showed up the next day (still drunk) and started started claiming I crossed lanes and hit him. Deputy Sheriff is a Idiot. Insurance companies still arguing and I get nothing again!!

My accident was caused by somebody turning left into my lane. I was fortunate in that when I stopped bouncing and sliding I ended up a few feet from a telephone repairman working on a pedestal. He had heard my tires squealing in time to see the whole thing and told the Highway Patrol what happened. We didn't make contact but her insurance paid 9000 to repair the bike,12000 to repair me and another 20000 for pain and suffering and future possibilities. Probably could have been more but I handled it myself.

Bobby went to surgery friday bone was plated with screws, Sat morning compartment syndrome set in and they had to reopen the leg, Yesterday they tried to close and graft the sight, but Now he is in ICU with wound vac and compartment pressure monitoring.

If pressure goes back above 30 the leg will have to be reopened. This has turned into a major ordeal, the possiblity of premenant nerve and tissue damage is increasing.

I am truely worried about my friend, more brother than friend.

Thanks for your prayers, I will tell Bobby.

Gregg