IGNORED

1 7/8 Ball angle...??

SilvrT

I'm getting ready to hook up my trailer and am curious about the ball hitch. It appears that when it's snug in the tongue of the trailer that it doesn't tilt (angle) as far as the bike might when taking corners. Do you guys use a ball with a longer shaft than standard or am I just imagining things?

I have always used a standard 1 7/8" ball, did the dragon on a 1st gen with the trailer behind me. I never had any issues pulling any trailer I had, and thats about 30K miles or so. If your concerned about it put a swivel hitch on it and forget about it

:)

thanks guyz ... guess it was "old age parnoia" LOL

I pulled a trailer once before about 15 years ago ... "thought" I used a standard ball but we all know what "thought" did ... right?

... he thought he farted but.... :eek:

Had to lay mine on the crash bars once to get all the gas I could on the left side of the tank. The standard 1 7/8" hitch allowed the lean without bending the tongue of the trailer. Never had an issue. :080402gudl_prv:

I don't think he had the lean angle in mind ........It's the wheelies and Stoppies that he's more interested in !

All I can say is that I have gone UPHILL & Downhill , turned left & right and had no issues. :stickinouttounge:

BEER30

Guest Swifty
Had to lay mine on the crash bars once to get all the gas I could on the left side of the tank. The standard 1 7/8" hitch allowed the lean without bending the tongue of the trailer. Never had an issue. :080402gudl_prv:

:sign yeah that: