IGNORED

Helmet and headset stolen first day in Vegas

dogman

Well I had a great ride to here. Picked my wife up at the airport then later went out to pick up some things at walmart.

Came back out and it was taken off my seat.

Yup an easy mark I never locked it up.

I'll be shopping tomorrow after checking

out some pawn shops.

Themselves the breaks. At least I didn't lose the bike

Who would of thought that in a city famous of gambling, alcohol and prostitution, there'd be some dishonest people there?

That's bad luck, but at least the bike was upright and you can probably find and inexpensive helmet locally to get ya back home.

At least it wasn't in the helmet lock and some drunk peed in it!!!:(

Who would of thought that in a city famous of gambling, alcohol and prostitution, there'd be some dishonest people there?

That's bad luck, but at least the bike was upright and you can probably find and inexpensive helmet locally to get ya back home.

At least it wasn't in the helmet lock and some drunk peed in it!!!:(

:happy65::happy65::happy65::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Guest Swifty
Maybe there's an armadillo out there somewhere with his name on it....a Paul Harvey moment.

Don't know what the LEOs would say about it but here you go......

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/69165/2/istockphoto_69165_armadillo_hat.jpg

OMG...I know (from experience) that that kind of thing puts a downer on the trip...hope you can get it resolved with minimal interference. Ride on, Bro.

Well I had a great ride to here. Picked my wife up at the airport then later went out to pick up some things at walmart. Came back out and it was taken off my seat. Yup an easy mark I never locked it up. I'll be shopping tomorrow after checking out some pawn shops. Themselves the breaks. At least I didn't lose the bike

Hey Dave - Glad to hear you had a good trip from Toronto and made it to the airport in time to pick up Bernie. Sorry to hear about the helmet. Enjoy your ride with your new helmet!

Sorry to hear about your helmit (assuming thats what really happened and you weren't just giving Bernie an excuse so you could buy that new one you were looking at) Glad you made the trip Ok though and don't forget to take notes cause I will be picking your brain for when I go in Aug.

Sorry to hear this Dave. I have never worried about my helmut but I guess you never know. Stay cool as it say's its 41 degrees today (106) in Vegas.But I think someone told me it was a dry heat!:Laugh: Yea right, hot is hot. See you when you get back with your new shiney helmut.

Helmet lost on Sunday and I was lucky enough on Monday to be able to buy the same one I had. $180 and they discounted it for $118 for me. The condo we are staying at gave us a $100 credit card so I used that then paid the extra with cash. Now I just have to find a head set and I'm back in business.

We went to the Hoover Dam today and without the intercom it sure makes talking with my wife difficult to enjoy.

Tomorrow we are going to Zion National Park for an over night camping trip.

I, too, thought everyone in LV was honest. Perhaps they only pick on Ventures?

By now I hope you are on your way home, and I gather your wife is winging out from Utah, or elsewhere. Be safe you guys. Nice, no GREAT riding with you! And I always lock my helmet with the gloves inside; no problems. Now the gloves will go in the trunk. Why tempt the son of beach combers!

Keep in touch!

JackZ :fingers-crossed-emo

ZRockies rider!

:big-grin-emoticon:

Helmet lost on Sunday and I was lucky enough on Monday to be able to buy the same one I had. $180 and they discounted it for $118 for me. The condo we are staying at gave us a $100 credit card so I used that then paid the extra with cash. Now I just have to find a head set and I'm back in business.

We went to the Hoover Dam today and without the intercom it sure makes talking with my wife difficult to enjoy. Tomorrow we are going to Zion National Park for an over night camping trip.

Good luck Dave with finding and installing another headset to make your ride with Bernie more enjoyable. Hope you enjoy Zion. It is amazing!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

Charlie, the trailer is pulling and working great. In Kansas I had to pack up at 2:30am as the trailer park was flooding where I was. No rain leaked in but the water was up almost 3 inches on the ground and my floor is 4 inches off the ground.

I just had my original rear tire replaced here in Vegas at 17494 miles. The heat and pulling the trailer really took it's toll. I'm not complaining. I was very happy with the millage I got out of it.

I luckily noticed I was missing a nut and bolt off my trailer hitch attached to my bike. That would not have been good. It is now replaced.

• 1 month later...

I used to hang my helmets on the mirrors or seat or somewhere. I now lock them up even if I am going to be close by. My passenger helmet has the Chatterbox intercom on it and with it being an almost new helmet, I would hate to loose it. Mine is a little rough and painted purple like the bike.

When I got my bike, I moved the helmet locks from the crash bar where it got into the back of the passenger's legs to under the seat. I again moved them a while back to where they are much more useable. If anyone wants pictures to how I mounted them, let me know. I also used the bracket to lock down the trunk more solid.

RandyA

• 2 weeks later...

Here in California we have a mandatory helmet law. If I were to have my helmet stolen I'd be screwed. I wouldn't even be able to ride to the nearest bike shop. Not to mention the replacement cost (helmet and head set $600 +). If I'm walking away from my bike to where I can't see it, I lock the helmet. I'm the only one in the group of people that I ride with that locks up their helmet.