I still haven't figured out how to mount the backrest on my 83, and if I have all the parts?

Would some kind person with a backrest mounted on there 83 send or post a pic of the brackets and the OEM backrest mounted on bike

let me know if you need more. btw, got your computer module fixed?

Yes my brother soldered it for me works great. Thanks for the pic's mine looks a little different but they will help. Put new fork seals in new used brake caliper (striped threads) cleaned and new seals. Getting ready for Asheville hope to see you there.

Maybe this is the one you have?

I had to move the helmet lock from the crash bar and onto the bracket. The one bolt goes to where the helmet lock was and the other bolt is on the strut that goes under the bar to where the grab rail attaches. Had to change to a bit longer bolt for that one.

I polished everything up and added a couple of nylon washers to the pivot to keep it tight and smooth.

Looks fine with the slip covers on them.

Mike

Maybe this is the one you have?

I had to move the helmet lock from the crash bar and onto the bracket. The one bolt goes to where the helmet lock was and the other bolt is on the strut that goes under the bar to where the grab rail attaches. Had to change to a bit longer bolt for that one.

I polished everything up and added a couple of nylon washers to the pivot to keep it tight and smooth.

Looks fine with the slip covers on them.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

That looks like the one I have Markland. I think I may now have a backrest.:dancefool:

ANYONE?:sign09:

The 83 thru 85 have a different mounting bracket / point. The 86 to 93 uses a different bracket all together. The backrests as far as the cusion and attachment arms can be used on all the venture from 83 to 93

The 83 thru 85 have a different mounting bracket / point. The 86 to 93 uses a different bracket all together. The backrests as far as the cusion and attachment arms can be used on all the venture from 83 to 93

sorry to be so dense....but what you are saying is a riders' (driver's) backrest from an 88 is completly different and won't fit an 83...but the trunk box (passenger's) backrest (and arms) would.

Is my understanding correct?

If so then I HAVEN'T found a rider's back rest!

:95:

• 1 year later...