IGNORED

Cruise not shutting off?

cwb

Looking for information if anyone else has ever had a issue with cruise not canceling when tapping front brake? I had found one post about this 2 years old so must not be a common problem?

Is it just the front brake lever? It should cancel with the lever, foot brake and clutch lever also.

Probably just the switch in the lever if it's just the front. Usually it's the other way around. It would kick off from too much slop in the lever killing the connection.

Is it just the front brake lever? It should cancel with the lever, foot brake and clutch lever also.

Probably just the switch in the lever if it's just the front.

:sign yeah that: I usually use the clutch lever to disengage my cruise, but if your switch is bad in the front brake lever that could be the culprit. Test all the other brake and clutch levers to make sure they work and go from there :2cents:

According to the wiring diagram, the front brake, rear brake, clutch, and cancle switches are all connected in series and of normally closed configuration. So if any of these switches open it breaks the circuit and turns off the cruise.

If the other switches work, then you may have a mechanical issue at the front brake lever that is not activating the cruise side of the switch.

Also and more important, check to make sure both the front and rear are able to light the brake light. If it is a mechanical issue that has the front brake lever disconnected from the switch, you might not be getting a brake light with the front brake.