IGNORED

Mess in the Gulf.....

BoomerCPO

Yesterday I saw with my own eyes the disaster that has befallen the Gulf....and its direct impact upon my home State and the Cajuns who inhabit this area.

I don't cry easily but I shed tears when I saw the devastation in the bayous, beautiful wild birds oil-coated and unable to fly....and the great number of those who simply died in a struggle for life.

Our Base Camp is in Hopedale,La. There are several thousand people working there to clean the oil booms and get that black crud out of the bayous. Throughout the long day I saw no one goofing off....everyone is going at this cleanup with a fury of human effort.

We are busy transporting oil-slicked birds to Ft. Jackson in Venice-La which is 60 miles away from Hopedale. At Ft. Jackson folks there are working 24/7 to clean and save the birds and any other wildlife that is brought in.

My Company has 28 specially-equipped vehicles for transporting the wildlife. We are working hand-in-hand with La. Wildlife and Fish to save as much of the wildlife as humanly possible......and we roll 24/7 in this endeavor.

Yesterday I had a chance to talk to some of the local Cajuns whose lives have been turned upside down by this disaster. There is not much hope but there is a burning resolve to do what they can to save whatever is possible in this beautiful land that they have called Home for generations.

Boomer.....driving hard down here....and to hell with getting a lot of sleep.

Chief...Thanks for what you are doing, I know what you mean about the devastation.

You need to make sure you are taking care of yourself so you can continue helping out down there. Slow down a little cause you ain't as young as you used to be.

Chief....

Thank you and all those that are able to help with this mess. Be careful and dont push too hard, loosing a little sleep is ok but pace yourself. If there is anything I can do from this side of the bayou just let me know.

Just be careful out there. It's very sad to see this happening. The one thing that scares me even more then the oil is that stupid dispersant they put down. There's no way to know what that stuff will do to the eco system. I know it kills fish by exploding their red blood cells. I can't understand why they would put that down with all the damage the oil is already doing. Hope you can save lots of wildlife while you're there.

Margaret

Hey Master Chief, I've never met ya personally, but I too want to thank you for your part in remediating the Gulf devastation. I come close to shedding a tear as well when I see those poor birds and other wildlife soaked in oil. If I did'nt live so far away, I'd be right there with ya. Remember that you are numero uno and pace yourself.

God Bless

I haven't lived in S. La. for 10 years now, but it breaks my heart to see the devastation that BP has brought upon not only my home state of La., but the entire Gulf Coast. Thanks for your help and for your companies participation. It will be a long time before everything is right. I know one thing for sure BP will not get any of my business ever, and I hope everyone else will do the same. There my rant is over.............:soapbox:

No doubt its a terrible situation...nothing worse to see our enviroment and eco-system destroyed.

I was listening to a talk radio program the other day and the big thing was supposedly ALOT of these fishermen don't claim all or some of the their earnings each year. One comment was made that a boat owner may have earned 90k last year but only claimed 23 or 28k (whatever the maximum to still qualify for state benefits-welfare). When they filed a claim with BP they couldn't document the other 62k.

Like everything, there's alot of abuse, misuse, and maybe a small amount of honesty.

For those that are out there working like Chief, I have the upmost respect. For the whiners that have cheated every tax payer in the state and is now crying woe-is-me on CBS, they can tell someone who gives a s--t. (Let the hating begin, I'm used to it.)