IGNORED

Looking for lodging in New York

RJD

Our MTA group is headed for the Letchworth State Park in New York the weekend of July 16th. I have been looking for some place with 7 or 8 rooms available that don't cost an arm and a leg. Is there anyone here that may know of a good local place in the area (willing to ride 20-30 miles to get to the park) that is clean and reasonable.

thanks,

bob

There are a couple of mom and pop places in the area that are inexpensive but you get what you pay for! You could try motels in Batavia as there are several there. It depends on which end of Letchworth you are going to be. The park is narrow but about 20 miles or so long.

Hope you get a chance to stop in and say hi while up here! I think you were the one that Becky was talking about meeting at MD whose wife and husband have the same initials, etc...

Check out Mt Morris, Perry and Geneseo they have a few places and they are right by the park, also there are a few B&B's in the Houghton area I think one is called "Just a plane bed and breakfast" on Rte 19A about 8 miles from the park. Give me a shout when your up here and I can show you around some if you like. I live about 30 minutes from that area.

motels south end,colonial portageville,585 493 5700,river bend filmore 585 567 8629,west side park-lake perry 585 237 3654,north end country inn and suits 585 658 4080 $100&up,greenway 468 658 4500. I live in nunda if I can help call me 585 233 4049 kirk ps brian's is good place to eat 1/2 mi north on 36 from north end of park

I checked with most of the places mentioned and we finally decided to spend some time in Corning also, so I booked rooms in Bath.

Again thanks to everyone for your help.

Bob